Problem with Safari + PHP build tool

andreas

lsws 3.3

The configure line in the phpbuild.*.sh script contains a carriage return (\r) if the options are long enough to be wrapped by the browser:

Code:
./configure '--prefix=/opt/lsws/lsphp4' '--with-litespeed' --with-mysql --with-zlib --with-gd --enable-shmop --enable-track-vars --enable-sockets --enable-sysvsem --enable-^M\
sysvshm --enable-magic-quotes --enable-mbstring
Fix: use wrap="virtual" instead of wrap=on

not fixed yet in 3.3.3

I just checked, and it's still using wrap=on instead of wrap=virtual.

"on" is not a value I've ever heard of for the wrap attribute. It might a an IE-only thing, but it is not standard, and should not be used, and is causing a problem (at least for Safari users).

... hmm... quickly Googling didn't turn up anything about wrap=on. Perhaps the person who wrote the HTML just assumed that since wrap has a possible value of "off" it must therefore have a possible value of "on". Not so.

Please change this to wrap="virtual". Thanks!

Here's the fix for anyone who can't wait for the next version.

I noticed after posting the last request for it to be fixed that, although the original poster said 3.3, he posted on January 1, 2008, just a few days before now, so he might have actually been using 3.3.3.

So for anyone who wants to fix this themselves, here is how to do it.

Look in your installation directory for Litespeed (for me this is /usr/local/bin/litespeed) and navigate to admin/html/utility. You'll find in there a file called buildPHPWiz.php. That is the file to edit if you want to fix this. Simply open it in your favorite text editor and change
Code:
wrap=on
to
Code:
wrap="virtual"