RailsRunner error

Hi there,

I'm new to Litespeed and RoR. I'm trying to configure RoR with Litespeed and I followed the wiki instructions from this link:
http://www.litespeedtech.com/support/wiki/doku.php?id=litespeed_wiki:ruby_rails_easy

It is not working and I checked the stderr.log and I noticed the following:

/usr/local/lsws/fcgi-bin/RailsRunner.rb:3:in `require': no such file to load -- /home/fugu99/reporting/beta2.1/config/environment (LoadError)
from /usr/local/lsws/fcgi-bin/RailsRunner.rb:3

Does anyone know what this means?

Thanks for the help in advance.

Regards,
Tom

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
Does /home/fugu99/reporting/beta2.1/config/environment.rb exit?
Is /home/fugu99/reporting/beta2.1/ your rails application root directory?

Does /home/fugu99/reporting/beta2.1/config/environment.rb exit?
Is /home/fugu99/reporting/beta2.1/ your rails application root directory?
Yes the environment.rb file exists, and ../beta2.1/ is my rails application root directory. I was wondering if this had anything to do with the permissions on the directory and the fact that I'm running the web server as nobody.

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
Yes, it should be a permission problem. You need to either use suEXEC or give nobody proper permission.
For suEXEC, please check our wiki.

Thanks for the help. It was a permissions issue. I'm making some progress, but now I'm getting an Oracle error when the rails app initializes:

/usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/oci8.rb:49:in `create': ERROR (OCIError)
from /usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/oci8.rb:49
from /usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:27:in `gem_original_require'
from /usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:27:in `require'
from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-1.4.0/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:496:in `require'
from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-1.4.0/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:343:in `new_constants_in'
from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-1.4.0/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:496:in `require'
from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-1.4.0/lib/active_support/core_ext/kernel/requires.rb:7:in `require_library_or_gem'
from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-1.4.0/lib/active_support/core_ext/kernel/reporting.rb:11:in `silence_warnings'
... 21 levels...
from /home/fugu99/reporting/beta2.1/public/../config/environment.rb:11:in `require'

The application works fine with mongrel.

Thanks for the help in advance,
Tom

I've tried this:

ORACLE_HOME=/usr/lib/oracle/xe/app/oracle/product/10.2.0
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/oracle/xe/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/client/lib

and:

ORACLE_HOME=/usr/lib/oracle/xe/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/client
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/oracle/xe/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/client/lib

I've restarted the server and I still get the Oracle error:
/usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/oci8.rb:49:in `create': ERROR (OCIError)

-Tom