[Resolved] How to Install and Compile PHP with MailParse?

J.T.

I've got everything compiled now but for MailParse. I need MailParse for Cerberus. The server runs CentOS 5.x

Their wiki suggests this method:

[noparse]wiki.cerb4.com/wiki/Installing_PHP_Mailparse#For_RHEL_5[/noparse]

# wget [noparse]dag.wieers.com/rpm/packages/php-pecl-mailparse/php-pecl-mailparse-2.1.1-1.el5.rf.x86_64.rpm[/noparse]
# rpm -i php-pecl-mailparse-2.1.1-1.el5.rf.x86_64.rpm
warning: php-pecl-mailparse-2.1.1-1.el5.rf.x86_64.rpm: Header V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID 6b8d79e6
error: Failed dependencies:
php is needed by php-pecl-mailparse-2.1.1-1.el5.rf.x86_64
Is this the right approach on getting Litespeed Web Server to run with php and MailParse? I can add a no-dependencies flag I guess, and then move any resulting .so files into the lsws folders and reference it as an extension in php.ini

Is that how to get MailParse working with php in LSWS?

Last edited by a moderator:

J.T.

Thanks, appreciate the suggestion.

PHP 5.2.13 has already been compiled. Do I simply follow those instructions to modify what I previously compiled or do I have to recompile after that?

Also, it talks about 'the source folder' and references paths like /php5install/ that don't exist on my system. Can you elaborate on these please?

Do I simply extract the source in say /tmp/mailparse or do I start off in a subfolder of /opt/lsws/ where the rest of lsws is?

I'm probably being a scared pussy but compiling has never been on my confident-with list.

EDIT

I think I get it now.

The wiki says:

/php5install/php5/bin/phpize
./configure --enable-apc --with-php-config=/php5install/php5/bin/php-config
make
make install
On my system it'll probably be:

/opt/lsws/lsphp5/bin/phpize
./configure --enable-mailparse --with-php-config=/opt/lsws/lsphp5/bin/php-config
make
make install
And I guess with 'source folder' I can just put the mailparse source in /usr/local/src/mailparse - right?

Last edited: