[Resolved] Unable to configure openssl, libcrypto not found error with openssl library installed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carl

Hello,

I am unable to configure LS php 5.3 with openssl on Litespeed Web Server Enterprise v4.2.19 with the following param:

'--with-openssl' OR '--with-openssl=/usr/local/ssl' (dir in which openssl was installed in)

The log shows the following:
Code:
checking for OpenSSL support... yes
checking for Kerberos support... no
checking for DSA_get_default_method in -lssl... no
checking for X509_free in -lcrypto... no
checking for pkg-config... no
checking for OpenSSL version... >= 0.9.6
checking for CRYPTO_free in -lcrypto... no
configure: error: libcrypto not found!
**ERROR** Could not configure PHP build
Note that I have the openssl library installed on the MAC, via homebrew with 'brew install openssl'. (I have also installed the lib manually from the package from https://www.openssl.org/ before using homebew, and got the same error)

Then I have also tried pointing the dir to openssl folders using

'--with-openssl=/usr/local' or '--with-openssl=/usr/local/etc/openssl'

and this got
Code:
checking for OpenSSL support... yes
checking for Kerberos support... no
checking for DSA_get_default_method in -lssl... no
checking for X509_free in -lcrypto... no
checking for pkg-config... no
configure: error: Cannot find OpenSSL's <evp.h>
**ERROR** Could not configure PHP build
which did not even go as far as the first one..

I have also tried
'--with-openssl-dir=/usr/local/etc/openssl' , which doesn't generate an error, but it doesn't even tries to install openssl this way, log prints: checking for OpenSSL support... no

I have searched for solutions for the libcrypto not found error but all of them suggests that its caused by missing the openssl library, but I do have it installed. I have tried uninstall/install openssl library and it didn't do the trick.

Does anyone have a clue of what could be the problem?

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Carl

Hi Michael,

Took a look again, no /opt folder there but found /usr/local/opt folder and a shortcut of openssl under it ( /usr/local/opt/openssl ), which links to /usr/local/Cellar/openssl/1.0.1j_1 (the version number). I have then re-compiled PHP with '--with-openssl=/usr/local/opt/openssl' and it did the trick!

Thank you for your assistance :)

Status
Not open for further replies.