[Closed] EAProc WaitQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alborz

Hello Guys,
I have a problem on EAProc WaitQ.normally it's 0 for all vhosts.sometimes it starts to increase and page browsing will became slow too.

OS Version : CentOS 5.5 x86_64
Hardware configurations:
CPU: 2x Intel Quad Core Xeon E5620
RAM: 64GB DDR3
Harddisks: 8x 300GB SAS (4x 300gb RAID10 for filesystem and 4x 300gb RAID10 for mysql datadir)
LSWS 4.0.19 enterprise 8-CPU
php 5.2.16 run in suEXEC mode
cpanel

and here is my lsws conf :
Code:
http://paste2.org/p/1219730
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
"PHP suEXEC max connections: 1500" is way too high, should reduce it to 100-200
Your problem is likely because PHP script code issue, or mysql slow queries, you should try to optimize from those directions.

In crease "Max connections" only mask those problems.

Alborz

"PHP suEXEC max connections: 1500" is way too high, should reduce it to 100-200
Your problem is likely because PHP script code issue, or mysql slow queries, you should try to optimize from those directions.

In crease "Max connections" only mask those problems.
I changed it to 300,that problem is resolved now.
another problem is I have a lot of CGI/Perl Processes running,is there any way to tune cgi/perl for best performance?

Thanks

Alborz

I know it's just for perl,my question is a file for example hello.cgi is run under FCGI? or suffix must be something else for example .pl?

Alborz

My question is after these changes, a normal CGI/Perl script for example mt.cgi is run under this handler or default cgi?
if it's default handler how can I force webserver to run all CGI under this handler?

Thanks

Last edited:

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
If it is under normal CGI context, it runs as normal CGI, script handler configuration has no effect. You need to remove the CGI context, and use the script handler.

webizen

Normal cgi context is located in your virtual host level (Admin console -> Configurations -> Virtual Host -> Context). You need to remove the cgi context in order to use the script handler (FCGI) you setup for CGI/Perl script.

webizen

In that case, no need to delete normal CGI context because there isn't any at LSWS server level.

You can add another script handler for "pl" suffix to use the same Fast CGI app at LSWS server level.

Note that the Fast CGI app you created is for perl cgi script only. If your cgi script is written in shell or other language, it would not work for obvious reason.

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
For Apache vhosts, you need to remove "ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ ..." from the vhost configuration. Make sure perl script is not configured to use "cgi-script" handler.

Status
Not open for further replies.