[solved] 4.1.4 -> 4.1.5 Upgrade

Hello fellow Litespeed users,

we use WHM 11.30.4 (build 6)on CENTOS 5.7 i686 standard with Litespeed Web Server Enterprise v4.1.5.

We did this upgrade to latest version using the Litespeed Admin Web Console and the logs were not working afterwards. I restarted Litespeed once more and not they start to fill up.

Just wondering if anybody has experience with similar issues.

Thanks,
Martin

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello mistwang,

I'm discovering that the logging works only for around 1 hour, then it stops on all the sites.

When I restart Litespeed again (service lsws restart is enough), the logging works again, but will again fail in 1 hour I think.

Any idea what should I look for in logs? I checked the exact time when the logging stopped, but nothing obvious in the logs for that time.

And yes, there is enough space on HDD.

The logs from previous version before the upgrade are ok.

Thanks,
Martin

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
Is the log file size large? >= 2GB or close? log rotation happened?
The log file and the directory holding it should be owned by "nobody".

AndrewT

We did a force re-install on our servers to address this bug and we immediately started getting a bunch of unexpected signal 11 notices. We've reverted to 4.1.4 in the mean time. Anyone else?

Hello mistwang,

I did the "Force reinstall" 7 hours ago and the logs are still working, so I think it's solved. The files had incorrect ownership before. Each restart of LSWS fixed the ownership, but it was changed back to root after a while. Now it sticks.

I'm also noticing the email notices as AndrewT mentioned, but they started only recently:

At [17/Oct/2011:11:09:01 -0400], web server with pid=30138 received unexpected signal=11, a core file is created. A new instance of web server will be started automatically!

Please forward the following debug information to bug@litespeedtech.com.
Environment:

Server: LiteSpeed/4.1.5 Enterprise
Release: 2.6.18-238.19.1.el5PAE
Version: #1 SMP Fri Jul 15 08:15:44 EDT 2011
Machine: i686
Is there another bug in this latest release?

Thanks,
Martin

Last edited:
If anybody wonders about the same issue, here's what I got from Litespeed support, when I submitted this on bug@litespeedtech.com:

"4.1.5 has been updated, please login to web console, then do "Force reinstall" of 4.1.5 under "version management"."

Looks like that is the second hot fix on this release.

Thanks,
Martin

AndrewT

Thanks for the update foliovision. I can confirm that the updated 4.1.5 addressed the restarts. Now on to testing and hoping that 4.1.6 doesn't have any more problems.