[solved] 408 Request Time-out

Hello there,

I am using Litespeed server Current Version: 4.0.19 with my CENTOS 5.5 x86_64 till now all was working well with my PHP ver 5.3.2

But since 2 days one of my website just keep loading and end with 408 Request Time-out.

While my other website hosted on same server works file.

I am not very familiar with Litespeed and this is bringing me a lot of lost with website.

I thought there should be some issue with PHP so i switch to apache and website is up again. Then i upgrade PHP to different version then i switch back to Litespeed and the same problem was there.

Can you please let me know where the things are going wrong?

Regards
Jeck

Last edited by a moderator:

NiteWave

Administrator
it's too short. that means if a php script running over 60 seconds, lsws may think it's hanging and kill the php process, and issue 408 time out error.

please check if that php script run for a long time?

if it's the case, increase the time out.

it's too short. that means if a php script running over 60 seconds, lsws may think it's hanging and kill the php process, and issue 408 time out error.

please check if that php script run for a long time?

if it's the case, increase the time out.
i can understand that but till now all was set to fine and my website was even loading in just about 2-3 sec.

I havnt changed any value in lsws or even in sever. This happened since 2 days.

so if i increase this time that mean my website still will take more than 60 sec to load. that what i am not expecting from lsws.

Update:

I have increased to 120 sec. i will give you report on how long php is running

NiteWave

Administrator
so if i increase this time that mean my website still will take more than 60 sec to load
no. if php scripts only need 2-3 seconds to complete, increasing timeout won't affect these scripts at all. only affect those scripts which need above 60 seconds to complete.

can you figure out which url cause 408 time out error ? or many URLs ?

yes php wait for that long and again giving same error even if i have make that to 120.

One thing i have found that .html works well if i make new page with html that is no problem.

While my whole website is on php. From index page to even single php page same thing happens.

maybe rewrite cause a infinite loop or loop in a mod_security rule?

can disable all mod_security rules temporarily if it's the latter case.

for former case, in docroot .htaccess, put
rewriteengine off
in first line.

then access test.php again.

maybe rewrite cause a infinite loop or loop in a mod_security rule?

can disable all mod_security rules temporarily if it's the latter case.

for former case, in docroot .htaccess, put
rewriteengine off
in first line.

then access test.php again.
yes thats working after doing so.

so what you suggest me to do now.

paste the .htaccess here. any change made in recent 2-3 days ?
I am on wordpress and i guess i did update version to new one also wp-super cache was updated which include some rewrite rules may cause the .htaccess problem. so temporary i have removed plugin to see any difference.

RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule . /index.php [L]

Update:
i guess i found the problem.

I have problem with my theme. As i changed that to different theme and it work perfect.

thanx a lot for your help to find the problem.

Last edited: