[Resolved] Can't install WP Super Cache on wordpress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I just installed lsws std on my dedicated home server, compiled php installed an wordpress everything just goes fine until I tried to install a cache plugin after I uploaded wp super cache plugin to wp-content/plugins when I try to activate I got this error
Warning! Could not update /home/xxx/domain.com/public_html/wp-config.php! WPCACHEHOME must be set in config file.

Warning! /home/xxx/domain.com/public_html/wp-content/advanced-cache.php does not exist or cannot be updated.

1. If it already exists please delete the file first.
2. Make /home/xxx/domain.com/public_html/wp-content writable using the chmod command through your ftp or server software. (chmod 777 /home/xxx/domain.com/public_html/wp-content) and refresh this page. This is only a temporary measure and you’ll have to make it read only afterwards again. (Change 777 to 755 in the previous command)
3. Refresh this page to update /home/xxx/domain.com/public_html/wp-content/advanced-cache.php
If that doesn’t work, make sure the file /home/xxx/domain.com/public_html/wp-content/advanced-cache.php doesn’t exist:1.1. Open /home/xxx/domain.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-super-cache/advanced-cache.php$wp_cache_file in a text editor.
2.2. Change the text CACHEHOME to /home/xxx/domain.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-super-cache/
3.3. Save the file and copy it to /home/xxx/domain.com/public_html/wp-content/advanced-cache.php and refresh this page.
Note that i chmod 777 /home/xxx/domain.com/public_html/wp-content before install plugin

Is there any solution for me ?

Last edited by a moderator:

NiteWave

Administrator
the settings is ok.
Warning! Could not update /home/xxx/domain.com/public_html/wp-config.php! WPCACHEHOME must be set in config file.
you can temporarily
chmod 777 /home/xxx/domain.com/public_html/wp-config.php

[SOLVED] that was the problem need to chmod 777 wp-config and now works just fine thanks for support !
One question, when site grows and i need to change from std to ent version, is possible to use vps plan for my dedicated server?

Michael

Staff member
Howdy,

Nope. Sorry. The VPS license is only for VPSs. For a dedicated server, you'll need at least a 1-CPU license.

Cheers,

Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.