[Solved] cPanel email autoconfig not working

Discussion in 'Install/Configuration' started by Monarobase, Mar 12, 2013.

1. Monarobase

Monarobase Well-Known Member

When I try to access autoconfig.domain.tld on a cPanel 11.36 server I get an error 500 message from litespeed with :

What do I need to do exactly to fix this ?

2. webizen

webizen Well-Known Member

create a symlink in /usr/local/bin/perl => /usr/bin/perl. 11.36 no longer has /usr/local/bin/perl

3. Monarobase

I've already got this symlink and I still get the error

4. webizen

check External App (Admin Console => Configuration => Server) page. It seems Web Server (proxy) type External App was not defined or missing. If so, add them back.

5. Monarobase

They exist, but I don't think it's them that are causing this.

The lines causing this in cPanel's apache httpd.conf are :

As you can see it doesn't use any of the above ports.

If I create one for port 80 will it cause issues with litespeed ? Shouldn't litespeed already respond to 127.0.0.1 on port 80 ?

6. NiteWave

NiteWave Administrator

7. Monarobase

No luck so far !

I tried creating a webserver with name 127.0.0.1:80 but it didn't change anything to I set the name to 127.0.0.1 and the address to 127.0.0.1:80 but now autoconfig.domain.tld times out after 60 seconds with a 403 error and nothing in the error_log file.

Even without this entry un the listeners list I see :

As I updated to litespeed 4.2.2 just after updating to cPanel 11.36 and having not tried to access autoconfig.domain.tld before (this feature was first introduced in 11.34) I don't know if the probem was added by LS 4.2.2 or if LS was never working with the autoconfig subdomain

8. webizen

For proxy external app, it only handles http://127.0.0.1/ instead of alias like /sys-cgi/ which has to be defined as context in lsws (available at vhost level not server level). so this autoconfig and autodiscover which proxy through cgi-sys cgi is not working in lsws at the moment. will let you know once a fix is available.

9. webizen

Fixed in the latest 4.2.2 build.

/usr/local/lsws/admin/misc/lsup.sh -f -v 4.2.2

10. Monarobase

Thanks, that seems to have solved the issue :)