[Resolved] Google Sitemap Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a sitemap generated daily by my vBulletin forum.

After it's generated it submits it to Google. (Notification is sent via a HTTP request to the SE servers.)

It was working fine before switching to litespeed. Now for some reason when Google comes to read the sitemap, it seems to read a cached version of the sitemap and doesn't read pick up the newly created sitemap. **See below

I can manually resubmit from Google webmaster tools and it seems to read the sitemap fine (most of the time) but I can't seem to narrow down the reason why the sitemap isn't being submitted properly on it's own.

I can leave it alone but it seems the cached version of the sitemap is being submitted each time..

I don't have caching enabled.

I have it disabled on Cloudflare as well using page rules.

I don't know what could be causing this issue.

Any suggestions?

NiteWave

Administrator
looks like 2 steps:
1. daily sitemap by vBulletin
is it saved anywhere ? so can check if it always generate updated sitemap
2. submit sitemap to google daily

see if can identify which step has the problem.

NiteWave

Administrator
so we assume step 1 has been done correctly.
the problem occur at step 2.
can you find out any info in log(error.log and stderr.log) when submit to google ?
the time stamp should be right after 01:10 every day.

I don't have a lot of errors so I can easily scan the past few days and I don't see anything at that time.

Before the 9th Google bot would come on 1:10 on the spot. The 9th was the exact date I had litespeed installed. After that Google bot stopped coming until the 29th when I started to manually resubmitted the sitemap.

Today the sitemap was created and it should have notified Google about it at 1:10 but my logs don't show Google visiting for today yet (bellow). I manually submitted it from the 29th to the 3rd.. yesterday.

If I don't manually submit it, Google Bot tends to read a cached version of the sitemap. You can see the straight line below showing Google Bot reading the same sitemap multiple times.

I don't have litespeed cache enabled (not yet at least)

I did have Cloudflare and sucuri enabled but I disabled the caching for those URLs yesterday.

So far this morning Google has crawled one of the recent sitemaps!

I'll keep this thread updated with how the rest of the day goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.