[Resolved] Images issue with OSCommerce

Status
Not open for further replies.
I currently use OSCommerce version 2.3.1 and for the past 5 or 6 LiteSpeed updates, I have a problem where some images will not load. Since all of the images are in the same directory and have the same attributes, I am baffled as to what is happening. I have "fixed" this from time to time by restarting the server, but now (and a few other times), this is not doing anything. When you go to my shopping cart system, random images do not load. When I click on the text where the images should be, it says The requested content cannot be loaded. Please try again later. I have tried for months to find help, but most techs are not knowledgeable regarding LiteSpeed. At one point, I was able to get around this by reverting to older versions of Litespeed, but I just upgraded servers and I no longer have that option. I also feel safer using the most up-to-date versions.

What I've noticed is that if images in the directory are set to 777, if I attempt to chmod them to 755, it isn't allowing me to. I've tried with FlashFXP and even in the SSH console. If I manually download the image, delete it from the directory, re-upload it, chmod the image attibutes to 755 and then restart Litespeed, the images will load. But this isn't realistic with 1000s of images.

Sorry for the delay. I am still having the same problem. When I upload the image through OSCommerce, it is at 777 attribute and won't load. I have to manually delete the image, reinstall it with FTP and then restart Litespeed and then the images load. The images uploaded through FTP are 644.
Code:
Follow Symbolic Link Yes
Check Symbolic Link No
Force Strict Ownership Yes
Required Permission Mask 000
Restricted Permission Mask 000
Script Resricted Permission Mask 002
Script Restricted Directory Permission Mask 002

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.