[Resolved] IMAP Extension Installed But Not Working - Bug?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I needed to enable IMAP/IMAP-SSL. First, I installed the following packages...
Code:
libc-client
uw-imap-devel
uw-imap-static
uw-imap-utils
Then ran: ln -s /usr/lib64/libc-client.a /usr/lib/libc-client.a

Then compile with: [I]'--with-imap=shared' '--with-imap-ssl' '--with-kerberos'[/I]

My phpinfo() now shows:

Code:
Configure Command
'./configure' '--prefix=/usr/local/lsws/lsphp5' '--with-mysqli' '--with-zlib' '--with-gd' '--with-freetype-dir=/usr/lib64' '--enable-shmop' '--enable-sockets' '--enable-sysvsem' '--enable-sysvshm' '--enable-mbstring' '--with-iconv' '--with-mysql' '--with-mcrypt' '--with-pdo' '--with-pdo-mysql' '--enable-ftp' '--enable-zip' '--with-curl' '--enable-soap' '--enable-xml' '--enable-json' '--with-openssl' '--enable-bcmath' '--with-litespeed' '--with-jpeg-dir=/usr/lib64' '--with-png-dir=/usr/lib64' '--with-imap=shared' '--with-imap-ssl' '--with-kerberos'

Protocols
dict, file, ftp, ftps, gopher, http, https, imap, imaps, ldap, ldaps, pop3, pop3s, rtsp, scp, sftp, smtp, smtps, telnet, tftp

Module Authors
IMAP Rex Logan, Mark Musone, Brian Wang, Kaj-Michael Lang, Antoni Pamies Olive, Rasmus Lerdorf, Andrew Skalski, Chuck Hagenbuch, Daniel R Kalowsky
IMAP is still not working. I inserted the following code in a php file served by Litespeed:

PHP:
<?php
echo var_dump(extension_loaded('imap-ssl'));
Which returns: bool(false)

Last edited by a moderator:

Pong

Administrator
Staff member
Please try the following instead. There is no "imap-ssl" extention, hence returning "false" is correct.
Code:
<?phpecho var_dump(extension_loaded('imap'));

Jon K

Administrator
Staff member
Trioxin,

Just compiled php 5.6.22 w/ imap support here in our lab and it seems to have worked fine.

PHP configure
Code:
'--with-mysqli' '--with-zlib' '--with-gd' '--enable-shmop' '--enable-sockets' '--enable-sysvsem' '--enable-sysvshm' '--enable-mbstring' '--with-iconv' '--with-mysql' '--with-mcrypt' '--with-pdo' '--with-pdo-mysql' '--enable-ftp' '--enable-zip' '--with-curl' '--enable-soap' '--enable-xml' '--enable-json' '--with-openssl' '--enable-bcmath' '--with-imap' '--with-litespeed' '--with-libdir=lib64' '--with-kerberos' '--with-imap-ssl'
Imap test
Code:
bool(true)
You might want to try compiling again with --with-libdir=lib64 and switch --with-imap=shared to --with-imap

Let us know how it goes!

Trioxin,

Just compiled php 5.6.22 w/ imap support here in our lab and it seems to have worked fine.

PHP configure
Code:
'--with-mysqli' '--with-zlib' '--with-gd' '--enable-shmop' '--enable-sockets' '--enable-sysvsem' '--enable-sysvshm' '--enable-mbstring' '--with-iconv' '--with-mysql' '--with-mcrypt' '--with-pdo' '--with-pdo-mysql' '--enable-ftp' '--enable-zip' '--with-curl' '--enable-soap' '--enable-xml' '--enable-json' '--with-openssl' '--enable-bcmath' '--with-imap' '--with-litespeed' '--with-libdir=lib64' '--with-kerberos' '--with-imap-ssl'
Imap test
Code:
bool(true)
You might want to try compiling again with --with-libdir=lib64 and switch --with-imap=shared to --with-imap

Let us know how it goes!
That did the trick.

Thanks!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.