[Resolved] Indexes bug

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monarobase

Hello,

I've just noticed that since I updated to litespeed 4.2.3 that accounts have indexes turned on by default.

In cPanel's configuration indexes are turned off by default and in Litespeed's configuration in lsadmin panel indexes are turned off too.

If I sepecificaly disable indexes in a .htaccess file indexes are turned off but if I create a new account with no .htaccess file indexes for the public_html directory are on.

I don't know if it's related but I've turned off litespeed's signature.

Last edited by a moderator:

webizen

Indexes is *enabled* by default in cPanel (WHM => Apache Configuration => Global Configuration => Directory “/” Options => indexes default). Once disabled, LSWS should disable autoindex for apache vhosts regardless of autoindex settings in LSWS. Nothing to do with litespeed signature hiding.

Monarobase

That's the problem, it has been disabled since the beginning and is still disabled and is also disabled in litespeed. How can it enable itself by default when it is both disabled in cPanel and litespeed ?

I haven't checked the apache files to see if it's an issue with cPanel or litespeed. Updating litespeed + php with easy apache also updated Apache so this could be a cPanel bug, but this would be a first for cPanel's easy apache.

We are running cPanel's stable release branch so we are currently running version 11.36.1 build 8 with the latest version of easy apache.

webizen

'Indexes default' in 'Directory “/” Options' indicates that it should be checked (enabled) by default. Our lab is running WHM 11.38.0 (build 16).

Pls switch to Apache and see if autoindex is still off?

webizen

if it shows 'Indexes default' in the 'Global Configuration' but yours is unchecked, likely someone changed after install because 'default' indicates Indexes is supposed to be checked/enabled by default.

Monarobase

We always uncheck this option for security reasons.

However I have found the problem, just switched to Apache and back and indexes are also turned on

Monarobase

There was an issue with the mail.local template that kept some things from a previous version of easyapache that is shouldn't have. Reverting to the up to date default apache template solved the issue that was making an apache rebuild fail and building with default settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.