[Resolved] LiteMage + Inchoo Fancy Global Messages

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I'm having some trouble configuring the LiteMage extension after applying these theme modifications: http://goo.gl/5okZeY

When enabling the cache, it seems the inchoo .phtml isn't being fired (no div id="inchoo_global_messages" in the source), and the normal "global_messages" block gets fired, which kind of screws up the design.

What would be a good way to configure LiteMage to support these theme modifications?

Thanks!

Lauren

LiteSpeed Staff
Staff member
Can you try:
change block type="core/template" to "core/messages"
<block type="core/template" name="inchoo_global_messages" template="core/inchoo_global_messages.phtml" before="-" />
to:
<block type="core/messages" name="inchoo_global_messages" template="core/inchoo_global_messages.phtml" before="-" />

and see if it works, if not, I'll need to investigate a little more, as message blocks are specially handled.

Lauren

No change, the normal message fires instead of the inchoo one, which kinda screws up the design.

However, I do notice this in the code now:

<!--Litemage esi started inchoo_global_messages-->
<!--Litemage esi ended inchoo_global_messages-->

Nothing in between though.

After I disable LiteMage however, same issue happens, so I switched back the block type to type="core/template" and now it's fine again.

So it seems the issue is with the block being executed perhaps?

Lauren

LiteSpeed Staff
Staff member
Took me a while to make this right. How did you install litemage? from connect? I can give you a test build first if you like.

Lauren

LiteSpeed Staff
Staff member
All right, please wait for tomorrow, we'll release a new version on connect.
I have to change my code to deal with this. Message blocks are special, different from all other ESI blocks.
Other than this, how do you like about LiteMage? any feedback?

Unfortunately I haven't had a chance to play with it, since with the inchoo_global_messages change, the design was getting messed up every time someone was adding something to the cart.

Am curious how it's gonna play out with a module I've been trying, that outputs some code in the template related to Google Analytics/AdWords tracking on every page. Some of the code is non-user specific, like the price of the product on that page, other is specific to the current user, like what items are currently in the cart.

Problem is that it doesn't seem to be calling a block, just echoing a function, so I'm not sure how easy is going to be to punch a hole for that, if needed. Looking forward to trying it out :)

Status
Not open for further replies.