[Solved] Wordpress & Litespeed Download.gz Error

I'm having a few issues with Litespeed. I have a Wordpress blog and every time I click on a post, it begins to download a "download.gz" file. I don't have any cache plugins installed and I'm not sure what could be the issue.

These are the only warnings I have from the server log...
Code:
[] can't set 'Forced Type', undefined MIME Type handler/perl-script
[] can't set 'Forced Type', undefined MIME Type handler/default-handler
I also wanted to install a php accelerator and my host had installed eAccelerator and APC for me. Both were installed successfully, however they say that the integration part is not working. Is there suppose to be some special integration/configuration within Litespeed admin panel? I tried looking through the Wiki for the tutorial but the link is dead...

webizen

server environment means OS (CentOS), 32bit or 64bit system, control panel if any, LSWS version, etc.

Regarding download.gz issue, does any post or certain one trigger download.gz file?

Last edited:
CentOs 32bit
Litespeed Web Server Enterprise v4.0.20 w/ Php 5.3.5, Suhosin , PHP Mail Header Patch
Plesk 10.2.0

The .gz issue happens to all posts and pages. Except the homepage..But all the images load fine.

webizen

for everyone else:

the issue is due to WP W3 Total Cache plugin with compression turned on. response header from FF is shown as follows. iow, W3 cache plugin was _not_ disabled.

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2011 04:10:54 GMT
Server: LiteSpeed
Accept-Ranges: bytes
Connection: close
ETag: "2a0a-4dece256-0"
Last-Modified: Mon, 06 Jun 2011 14:21:10 GMT
Content-Type: application/x-gzip
Content-Length: 10762
X-Powered-By: W3 Total Cache/0.9.2.2
Cache-Control: max-age=31536000
Expires: Wed, 13 Jun 2012 04:10:54 GMT
the issue went away once cache plugin disabled. the server response header in FF is as follows:
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Content-Encoding: gzip
Vary: Accept-Encoding
Transfer-Encoding: chunked
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2011 18:47:23 GMT
Server: LiteSpeed
Connection: close
X-Powered-By: PHP/5.3.5
X-Pingback: http://www.test.com/xmlrpc.php
Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8