some messed up problems

hi there guys, after my install of litespeed, a whole bunch of things are broken with my server. for starters, FTP no longer works and when i log into the admin cp, i get this;

2015-03-15 21:13:13.431 ERROR [config:server:epsr:lsphp55] invalid path - /usr/local/lsws/fcgi-bin/lsphp55, it cannot be started by Web server!
2015-03-15 21:13:13.431 ERROR [config:scripthandler] Can not find handler with type: 12, name: lsphp55.
2015-03-15 21:13:13.431 ERROR [config:scripthandler] Can not find External Application: lsphp55, type: lsapi
2015-03-15 21:13:13.431 ERROR [config:scripthandler] use static file handler for suffix [php55]

what is going on with my server? i dont see any vhosts either. could this be a corrupt install?

my site is suffering! please help

NiteWave

Administrator
1. as replied in another thread, lsws shouldn't affect FTP at all.

2. these errors can be ignored. to prevent it show in error log, just run
#ln -s /usr/local/lsws/fcgi-bin/lsphp5 /usr/local/lsws/fcgi-bin/lsphp55

3. vhost listing:
in lsws web admin, just click on "Actions", you'll see all the vhosts there.

4,at any time, you can switch back to apache to see if the issue still there.
this helps you to identify the root cause of the issue, not waste time on unrelated part.

Michael

Staff member
To elaborate on point 3:

Whlie LSWS will run off your Apache vhost configurations, LSWS does not import all your Apache vhosts into the GUI. You will still have to configure those vhosts through their Apache configuration files. (This is important since any other program that manipulates your vhosts will also be changing them through those config files. You want third party applications to still know where your configs are.)

If you click on "Actions", as NiteWave suggested, you will see a list of virtual hosts LSWS is serving. Your Apache virtual hosts will be listed there.

Please let us know if you have any other issues.

Cheers,

Michael