some pre-sales questions

surfman

I am using Cpanel/WHM on a dual opteron 248 with 2G server. Apache 1.3.33, PHP 4.4.4, Mysql 4.0.27, I am expecting to change apache to LSWS. May I know

1) can I install free edition on my server with dual opteron CPU? will it be working?

2) based on the post at

http://www.litespeedtech.com/support/wiki/doku.php?id=litespeed_wiki:apache:cpanel

is there anything need to be done for PHP?

3) is there extra anything I have to do? I don't want to crash my existing sites on my server.

4) can I smoothly upgrade to your enterprise edition later?

Thanks.

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
Answers to your questions:
1) Yes, it works, but probably will not bring the best out of it, but should be much better than using Apache.

2) LSWS comes with php4 binary, If you want to use PHP5 or any other modules not in the prebuilt binary, you need to compile your own php binary, if you need run both php 4 and 5, need to create antoher php external app, adding script handler etc.

3) You can test out LSWS on another port, it is not a good idea to switch from apache to LSWS without testing.

4) Yeah, just run the installer and select upgrade.

surfman

thanks. I have installed and tested LSWS,it looks good with static HTML and my existing PHP 4.4.4 application. however, there is another thing I don't know how to fix it.

There is one script has to use SSI, it was working well under Apache 1.3.33. but it looks all SSI content missing under LSWS. is there anyway to enable it without changing script codes? thanks.