The big LScache fail report for LiteSpeed LSCWP and all other LiteSpeed cache plugins

serpent_driver

The big LScache fail report for LiteSpeed LSCWP and all other LiteSpeed cache plugins

I spent 3 days trying to figure out why the LiteSpeed Cache Plugin (LSCWP) doesn't do what it claims to do, which is caching. Caching is the essential basic function of this plugin. After all, this is the only way to achieve the exorbitantly better loading times that literally give every Wordpress blog wings.

The reader of this post will certainly be surprised by the statement made above, because as a rule you can't actually find any problems with caching. Basically, that's true, but you have to be careful about the wording of this claim.

The LSCWP has features that make it necessary to create more than 1 version of the cached URL, because depending on the settings the code of the output changes. For this request, LScache uses the so-called Cache Varies. If these cache varieties are defined incorrectly, LiteSpeed caches anyway, but incorrectly. In the worst case, a user is shown something intended for another user or a function does not work or no longer works.

The functions "webp replacement", "mobile view" and "guest mode" are significantly affected. These functions are not only essential for a good loading time, but also distinguishes LSCWP from other cache plugins. As such, LiteSpeed should be expected to take great care with these features. Unfortunately, this is not the case!

So what's wrong?

Wrong are the cache varies LiteSpeed has defined in .htaccess and are the reason that the LSCWP is 90% unusable because the said cache varies are wrong. However, one must reactivate the assertion "false". The real problem is that LSCWP writes or changes the necessary cache variants in the .htaccess depending on the respective settings and these changes are seriously wrong.

These seriously incorrect cache varieties mean that not only does the cache crawler warm up something wrong, but users are also unable to take advantage of caching at all. This is the case in at least 8 out of 10 cases. This serious malfunction almost completely calls into question the actual usefulness of this plugin. LSCWP is free, but if even a free plugin has such a serious malfunction, then at least I see myself as wrong.

The problem described above is not an isolated case and does not only refer to LSCWP. The malfunctions are most pronounced in LSCWP, but it runs like a red thread through all plugins programmed by LiteSpeed. You at LiteSpeed have programmed something unique with LSWS and LScache, but with the offered plugins you destroy the success of your work.

If the problem described above weren't bad enough, there are numerous other problems that give cause for criticism. LSCWP is especially, but not only, made for users who mainly use shared hosting. Due to the nature of the system, shared hosting only has limited system resources. This should actually give rise to the resource consumption being adjusted to these reduced resources. Unfortunately, the opposite is the case and means that every other cache plugin available on the market enables loading times that are at least twice as fast. At least as long as one side is not cached. You at LiteSpeed seem to be in love with coding, but you don't care about the impact of the code.

I welcome the fact that LiteSpeed is making constant improvements, especially in the LSWS, LSCWP and other products, but you should, no, you have to invest more time in quality assurance. Otherwise you will never be able to play a dominant role. After 20 years now, enough time has passed to supplant nginx in any case, but somehow you're not getting anywhere. I left that to a wrong and above all insufficient company management!

FYI: I'm a programmer and have been using LiteSpeed and LScache for almost 10 years now. So you can assume that my accusations and allegations have a basis on which one can orientate oneself.