Unable to compile PHP 5.3.6 on Mac OS X 10.6.7

Hello. I'm in desperate need of some help. My production environment, I'm running Litespeed, so I would like to mirror that in my development environment.

My development environment is Mac OS X 10.6.7. I'm able to install and run Litespeed. I'm even able to access the Litespeed admin. While I'm in the Litespeed admin, I'm using the compile PHP feature.

I can get to the point where I'm compiling the PHP, but then I always run into this error during the MAKE process and it fails to compile the PHP.

Here's my MAIN STATUS message...

Code:
**MAIN_STATUS** retrieved from /usr/local/lsws/phpbuild/buildphp_1307565858.7.progress
Start building PHP 5.3.6 with LSAPI
Configuring PHP build (2-3 minutes)
Compiling PHP (5-10 minutes)
**ERROR** Could not compile PHP
Here's the log where the ERROR happens.

Code:
sapi/litespeed/lsapi_main.o sapi/litespeed/lsapilib.o main/internal_functions.o  -lz -lexslt -liconv -liconv -lpng -lz -ljpeg -lcurl -lz -lm -lxml2 -lz -licucore -lm -lcurl -lxml2 -lz -licucore -lm -lmysqlclient -lxml2 -lz -licucore -lm -lxml2 -lz -licucore -lm -lxml2 -lz -licucore -lm -lxml2 -lz -licucore -lm -lxml2 -lz -licucore -lm -lxslt -lxml2 -lz -licucore -lm  -o sapi/litespeed/php
Undefined symbols:
  "_res_9_dn_expand", referenced from:
      _php_parserr in dns.o
      _php_parserr in dns.o
      _php_parserr in dns.o
      _php_parserr in dns.o
      _php_parserr in dns.o
      _php_parserr in dns.o
      _php_parserr in dns.o
      _zif_dns_get_mx in dns.o
  "_res_9_search", referenced from:
      _zif_dns_check_record in dns.o
      _zif_dns_get_mx in dns.o
      _zif_dns_get_record in dns.o
  "_res_9_init", referenced from:
      _zif_dns_check_record in dns.o
      _zif_dns_get_mx in dns.o
  "_res_9_dn_skipname", referenced from:
      _zif_dns_get_mx in dns.o
      _zif_dns_get_mx in dns.o
ld: symbol(s) not found
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [sapi/litespeed/php] Error 1
**ERROR** Could not compile PHP
Any help would be much appreciated!!!

Follow this document to do it manually http://www.litespeedtech.com/support/wiki/doku.php?id=litespeed_wiki:php:lsapi

Modify Makefile in step 5. (before run make).
Is there anyway to add this process to the GUI compile of PHP? I'm not able to get as far the GUI compiler does...

after running my configure manually, I get the following error...

configure: WARNING: lemon versions supported for regeneration of libsqlite parsers: 1.0 (found: none).
checking for char *... yes
checking size of char *... configure: error: cannot compute sizeof (char *)
See `config.log' for more details.

Then, I can't run make because of this error... (plus I don't know what Makefile to edit)

webizen

Since configure failed, Makefile was not generated.

To use GUI compile, do the followings:

1. go through GUI compile to the last step (prior to run '/usr/local/lsws/phpbuild/buildphp_manual_run.sh')

2. check the /usr/local/lsws/phpbuild/buildphp_manual_run.sh script, look for something that it tries to run, such as '/usr/local/lsws/phpbuild/buildphp_1307577524.x.install.sh 1> /usr/local/lsws/phpbuild/buildphp_1307577524.x.log 2>&1'.

3. edit script /usr/local/lsws/phpbuild/buildphp_1307577524.x.install.sh: insert "EXTRA_LIBS=-lresolv" prior to "./configure '--prefix=/usr/local/lsws/lsphp5' ... ". make it look like "EXTRA_LIBS=-lresolv ./configure '--prefix=/usr/local/lsws/lsphp5' ..."

4. run '/usr/local/lsws/phpbuild/buildphp_manual_run.sh'.

Since configure failed, Makefile was not generated.

To use GUI compile, do the followings:

1. go through GUI compile to the last step (prior to run '/usr/local/lsws/phpbuild/buildphp_manual_run.sh')

2. check the /usr/local/lsws/phpbuild/buildphp_manual_run.sh script, look for something that it tries to run, such as '/usr/local/lsws/phpbuild/buildphp_1307577524.x.install.sh 1> /usr/local/lsws/phpbuild/buildphp_1307577524.x.log 2>&1'.

3. edit script /usr/local/lsws/phpbuild/buildphp_1307577524.x.install.sh: insert "EXTRA_LIBS=-lresolv" prior to "./configure '--prefix=/usr/local/lsws/lsphp5' ... ". make it look like "EXTRA_LIBS=-lresolv ./configure '--prefix=/usr/local/lsws/lsphp5' ..."

4. run '/usr/local/lsws/phpbuild/buildphp_manual_run.sh'.
Unfortunately, after exactly following your steps above to compile php, I get the very same error as above.