Understanding Admin -> Actions -> Compile PHP

eva2000

First time installing litespeed from scratch on local virtualised CentOS 5.5 64bit server and trying to understand the options presented in litespeed admin -> actions -> compile PHP section

default 5.3.4 looks like the below screenshot

- what is the 'Extra PATH environment' field for ?

Now I am eventually trying to replicate as much the environment that a WHM/Litespeed install has using the apache conf but my local server only has apache 2.2.3 and php 5.3.5 installed prior to installing litespeed 4.0.18.

so this is my current apache 2.2.3 and PHP 5.3.5 configuration options (also have compiled memcache 2.2.5 with memcached 1.4.5 server)

./configure --build=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu --host=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu --target=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu --program-prefix= --prefix=/usr --exec-prefix=/usr --bindir=/usr/bin --sbindir=/usr/sbin --sysconfdir=/etc --datadir=/usr/share --includedir=/usr/include --libdir=/usr/lib64 --libexecdir=/usr/libexec --localstatedir=/var --sharedstatedir=/usr/com --mandir=/usr/share/man --infodir=/usr/share/info --cache-file=../config.cache --with-libdir=lib64 --with-config-file-path=/etc --with-config-file-scan-dir=/etc/php.d --disable-debug --with-pic --disable-rpath --without-pear --with-bz2 --with-exec-dir=/usr/bin --with-freetype-dir=/usr --with-png-dir=/usr --with-xpm-dir=/usr --enable-gd-native-ttf --without-gdbm --with-gettext --with-gmp --with-iconv --with-jpeg-dir=/usr --with-openssl --with-pcre-regex=/usr --with-zlib --with-layout=GNU --enable-exif --enable-ftp --enable-sockets --enable-sysvsem --enable-sysvshm --enable-sysvmsg --with-kerberos --enable-ucd-snmp-hack --enable-shmop --enable-calendar --without-mime-magic --without-sqlite --with-libxml-dir=/usr --enable-xml --with-system-tzdata --disable-dom --disable-dba --with-unixODBC=shared,/usr --disable-xmlreader --disable-xmlwriter --with-sqlite3 --disable-phar --disable-fileinfo --disable-wddx --disable-posix --with-apxs2=/usr/sbin/apxs --with-mysql --with-mysqli --with-jpeg-dir=/usr --with-kerberos --with-mcrypt --with-gd --with-curl --with-curlwrappers --enable-json=shared --with-pspell=shared
so would it be correct to just put the following into configure parameters box ?

--with-libdir=lib64 --with-config-file-path=/etc --with-config-file-scan-dir=/etc/php.d --disable-debug --with-pic --disable-rpath --without-pear --with-bz2 --with-exec-dir=/usr/bin --with-freetype-dir=/usr --with-png-dir=/usr --with-xpm-dir=/usr --enable-gd-native-ttf --without-gdbm --with-gettext --with-gmp --with-iconv --with-jpeg-dir=/usr --with-openssl --with-pcre-regex=/usr --with-zlib --with-layout=GNU --enable-exif --enable-ftp --enable-sockets --enable-sysvsem --enable-sysvshm --enable-sysvmsg --with-kerberos --enable-ucd-snmp-hack --enable-shmop --enable-calendar --without-mime-magic --without-sqlite --with-libxml-dir=/usr --enable-xml --with-system-tzdata --disable-dom --disable-dba --with-unixODBC=shared,/usr --disable-xmlreader --disable-xmlwriter --with-sqlite3 --disable-phar --disable-fileinfo --disable-wddx --disable-posix --with-mysql --with-mysqli --with-jpeg-dir=/usr --with-kerberos --with-mcrypt --with-gd --with-curl --with-curlwrappers --enable-json=shared --with-pspell=shared
i tried this and after running command

/usr/local/lsws/phpbuild/buildphp_manual_run.sh

nothing is happening in litespeed admin monitoring/status build for php ?

all I see is this

and all that is shown in ssh telnet is

/usr/local/lsws/phpbuild/buildphp_manual_run.sh
Manually running installation script: /usr/local/lsws/phpbuild/buildphp_1295439762.1.install.sh
Running at background with command:
/usr/local/lsws/phpbuild/buildphp_1295439762.1.install.sh 1> /usr/local/lsws/phpbuild/buildphp_1295439762.1.log 2>&1
chown -R lsadm:lsadm /usr/local/lsws/phpbuild/php-5.3.4
But phpinfo.php reports PHP 5.3.4 has been installed ?

I want to be able to switch between apache and litespeed for testing.

Last edited:

eva2000

Looks like PHP 5.3.4 was built okay just nothing happened on step 4 on build page in admin area for litespeed ?

PHP 5.3.5 with apache (on left)
vs
LSAPI PHP 5.3.4 with litespeed (on right)

webizen

EXTRA_PATH environment is for the path that holds programs like curl, fetch or wget in case they are in unusual places.

Regarding nothing shown in admin console, please do below and see if anything in there.
ls -l /usr/local/lsws/phpbuild/buildphp_1295439762.1.log

eva2000

using firefox 3.6.13

but strange updated to 4.0.19 and php 5.3.5 builds and shows status/progress fine :)

Last edited: