Uninstall leaves CPanel plugin behind

Hi,

Unhappy with the support, I uninstalled Litespeed according to the instructions I found in this forum (deleted all settings, logs.)

The CPanel plugin is still there. Not the Wordpress plugins, just the CPanel plugin.

I would have appreciated if litespeed would have removed the zillions of htaccess and all other files during uninstall.

How do I get rid of the CPanel plugin and are there other files to take care of besides litespeed flags and htaccess files?

Michael A

Administrator
Staff member
Hi manchego,

Have you uninstalled the WHM plugin itself? The WHM plugin and cPanel plugins are separate from the web server itself.

Uninstalling the WHM plugin should have also uninstalled the cPanel plugin (if not then that would be something for us to look into on our end). Otherwise, there is an "uninstall" option in the cPanel section of the WHM plugin that can also be used.

Running the following script as root from the command line should also do the trick:
/usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/paper_lantern/ls_web_cache_manager

Otherwise flags and .htaccess backups are probably the only other files added by our plugins.

If you don't mind me asking, what about LiteSpeed were you unsatisfied with? (Sorry about all of those htaccess backups!)
We are always happy to work with clients on any issue they might be facing when using our software.

Regards,
-Michael