Update detected for installed EasyApache PHP timezoneDB extension(s). Update Now

Hello,

We recently upgraded our servers to EasyApache 4. Now when I visit WHM > LiteSpeed Web Server I see a notice:

"Update detected for installed EasyApache PHP timezoneDB extension(s). Update Now"

I'm sure (I hope) that performing this upgrade is completely safe and ok, but I can't seem to find any documentation or discussion about this.

Can someone tell me more about it please? No risk in Updating Now, right? Any possible unwanted side effects?

Thanks.

Hedloff

Why is this not automatically updated when Litespeed or yum update is run?

I see that there are updates from time to time and I just ran that script now and got this:

Code:
Installing shared extensions:     /opt/cpanel/ea-php71/root/usr/lib64/php/modules/
Success!
Enable timezonedb.so in php.ini......
Enabled in php.ini
Success!
TimeZoneDB has successfully been built from source and is now installed and enabled by PHP.
Please restart LSWS for changes to take effect.
EA4 PHP 7.1 timezonedb has been updated from 2018.5 to 2019.1!

TimeZoneDB installed for all Easy Apache 4 PHP Versions.
Checking to see if CageFS is enabled.
CageFS found and enabled.
Updating CageFS to support the new module.

So the script does not automatically restart lsws either?
How often are the timezonedb updated?
Do we need to setup a cron to run the script and restart lsws after it's finished?

Last edited by a moderator:

Pong

Administrator
Staff member
timezone db is a patch to cpanel ea-phpxx, CloudLinux PHP already include timezone db already.
It can reduce the PHP loading time.

I believe you can either setup cron to run the script and restart detached PHP by "killall lsphp", or ask cpanel build it into their EA4 repo, then verytime ea-php update through yum, it will be updated automatically.