updated php to 5.4.16, mysql suddenly won't load even if running

bangsters

Hi.

I have updated our litespeed server to the latest, and recompiled php to 5.4.16.

Everything seems to have installed fine, but the server can no longer connect to the mysql database. mysql is running tho....

any suggestions??

bangsters

I used the same php compile options as the previous build.

we are using interworx. everything was working perfectly fine before the php recompile to a newer version.

NiteWave

Administrator
if complile php use --with-mysql, there is a difference between 5.3 and 5.4
5.4 --with-mysql is equivalent to 5.3 --with-mysql=mysqlnd

please provide more information about the issue, ideally others can reproduce it based on your description.

bangsters

if complile php use --with-mysql, there is a difference between 5.3 and 5.4
5.4 --with-mysql is equivalent to 5.3 --with-mysql=mysqlnd

please provide more information about the issue, ideally others can reproduce it based on your description.

Hi. I actually have that already in the compile setting, --with-MySQL

I tried to downgrade back to 5.3.19 and MySQL just worked again. now I put back 5.4.16 and MySQL won't load.....werd...

bangsters

ok I recompiled again and downgraded to 5.3.26. Now it can connect again to the database.

However, another issue has presented itself. When I updated our whmcs installation to the newest, the cronjobs no longer work. I get a segmentation fault. I contacted whmcs support and they say that there is something wrong with my php, eventhough the older version of whmcs works fine, and the other cronjobs work fine.

below is the error i get:

php -q /home/account/account.com/html/my/admin/cron.php
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

bangsters

/usr/bin/php

Basically I deleted the original php and created a symlink to lsphp

I confirmed that the php version running is the one I installed, which is 5.3.26

NiteWave

Administrator
php -q /home/account/account.com/html/my/admin/cron.php
Segmentation fault (core dumped)
this is an important clue, trace it, should be able to find out the root cause.

run "php -i" to find which php.ini is used.
run "php -c /path/to/your-customized-php.ini /home/account/account.com/html/my/admin/cron.php" until no core dump.

adjust /path/to/your-customized-php.ini , to remove some extensions.

bangsters

I get a syntax error:

PHP: syntax error, unexpected '&' in /home/account/account.com/html/pop.php on line 4

But I cannot see the code since it's encoded with ioncube.

bangsters

ok got it fixed by copying /usr/local/lsws/lsphp5/bin/php to /usr/bin/ and replacing the other one I used, which is /usr/local/lsws/fcgi-bin/lsphp-5.3.26 (which I copied to /usr/bin/lsphp before)

Before, I used the lsphp from this folder without issues. I think moving forward I'll be using the one in /usr/local/lsws/lsphp5/ instead.

bangsters

great! so

got resolved. how about another one -- " updated php to 5.4.16, mysql suddenly won't load even if running"?
that one still up in the air. now i'm running on 5.3.26, and won't go into 5.4.xx for a while as there are significant differences I believe, and it will just complicate a lot of things.

as long as our servers are pci compliant, i'm a happy camper :)