Verifying RoR + LSAPI is working?

How can I tell if my RoR app is actually using lsapi?

I'm new litespeed and trying to get an alternative, hopefully easier to manage setup than Apache/Mongrel. Following the wiki I got my Rails app setup using the the "easy setup" and then followed the other wiki guide through the steps to setup the lsapi context and use dispatch.lsapi.

When loading just the default RoR page both setups seem to take the same amount of time so I it didn't feel like the lsapi setup was any different/better. Maybe I'm foolish for expecting to see a difference just with the default page but it led me to wonder if I even setup the lsapi context correctly. How can I tell? Also what method does the easy setup use, vanilla cgi?

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
If there is something in lsws/logs/stderr.log like: .../lsapi.so: warning: already initialized constant ENV you rails application is powered by LSAPI now.
You may feel the first request is still pretty slow, that's because the RoR framework need to initialization for the first request, it is slow, you can set
Run On Start Up: Yes If you have not.

You will notice big differences when you server is under load, especially when there are cached pages.

We do not use CGI, we use our LSAPI protocol, which is similar to FCGI, more better optimized for performance.