Where is newly built PHP Extensions?

I used LiteSpeed's php compiling function on the interface.

here are the flags I used with PHP version 5.4.11

'--with-mysqli' '--enable-mbstring' '--build=i686-redhat-linux-gnu' '--host=i686-redhat-linux-gnu' '--target=i386-redhat-linux-gnu' '--exec-prefix=/usr' '--bindir=/usr/bin' '--sbindir=/usr/sbin' '--sysconfdir=/etc' '--datadir=/usr/share' '--includedir=/usr/include' '--libdir=/usr/lib' '--libexecdir=/usr/libexec' '--localstatedir=/var' '--sharedstatedir=/usr/com' '--mandir=/usr/share/man' '--infodir=/usr/share/info' '--with-libdir=lib' '--disable-debug' '--with-pic' '--disable-rpath' '--without-pear' '--with-bz2' '--with-curl' '--with-exec-dir=/usr/bin' '--with-freetype-dir=/usr' '--with-png-dir=/usr' '--enable-gd-native-ttf' '--without-gdbm' '--with-gettext' '--with-gmp' '--with-iconv' '--with-jpeg-dir=/usr' '--with-openssl' '--with-png' '--with-expat-dir=/usr' '--with-zlib' '--with-layout=GNU' '--enable-exif' '--enable-ftp' '--enable-magic-quotes' '--enable-sockets' '--enable-sysvsem' '--enable-sysvshm' '--enable-sysvmsg' '--enable-track-vars' '--enable-trans-sid' '--enable-yp' '--enable-wddx' '--with-kerberos' '--enable-ucd-snmp-hack' '--with-unixODBC=shared,/usr' '--enable-memory-limit' '--enable-shmop' '--enable-calendar' '--enable-dbx' '--enable-dio' '--with-mime-magic=/usr/share/file/magic.mime' '--without-sqlite' '--with-libxml-dir=/usr' '--with-xml' '--with-system-tzdata' '--with-mysql' '--with-gd' '--without-odbc' '--disable-dom' '--disable-dba' '--without-unixODBC' '--disable-pdo' '--disable-xmlreader' '--disable-xmlwriter' '--enable-libxml' '--with-litespeed' '--with-freetype' '--with-ttf' '--cache-file=../config.cache' '--with-config-file-path=/etc' '--with-config-file-scan-dir=/etc/php.d'

I tried to set the "Install Path Prefix" to "/usr"
also tried with the default value of "/usr/local/lsws/lsphp5"

in all cases I get the following errors on my [STDERR]

2013-03-14 12:09:48.339 [STDERR] PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library './dom.so' - ./dom.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
2013-03-14 12:09:48.339 [STDERR] PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library './dbase.so' - ./dbase.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
2013-03-14 12:09:48.339 [STDERR] PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library './dom.so' - ./dom.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
2013-03-14 12:09:48.339 [STDERR] PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library './gd.so' - ./gd.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
2013-03-14 12:09:48.339 [STDERR] PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library './imap.so' - ./imap.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
2013-03-14 12:09:48.339 [STDERR] PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library './mbstring.so' - ./mbstring.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
2013-03-14 12:09:48.339 [STDERR] PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library './mysql.so' - ./mysql.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
2013-03-14 12:09:48.339 [STDERR] PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library './mysqli.so' - ./mysqli.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
2013-03-14 12:09:48.339 [STDERR] PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library './odbc.so' - ./odbc.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
2013-03-14 12:09:48.339 [STDERR] PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library './pdo.so' - ./pdo.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
2013-03-14 12:09:48.339 [STDERR] PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library './pdo_mysql.so' - ./pdo_mysql.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
2013-03-14 12:09:48.339 [STDERR] PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library './pdo_odbc.so' - ./pdo_odbc.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
2013-03-14 12:09:48.339 [STDERR] PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library './pdo_pgsql.so' - ./pdo_pgsql.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
2013-03-14 12:09:48.339 [STDERR] PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library './pdo_sqlite.so' - ./pdo_sqlite.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
2013-03-14 12:09:48.340 [STDERR] PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library './pgsql.so' - ./pgsql.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
2013-03-14 12:09:48.340 [STDERR] PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library './snmp.so' - ./snmp.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
2013-03-14 12:09:48.340 [STDERR] PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library './xmlreader.so' - ./xmlreader.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
2013-03-14 12:09:48.340 [STDERR] PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library './xmlrpc.so' - ./xmlrpc.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
2013-03-14 12:09:48.340 [STDERR] PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library './xmlwriter.so' - ./xmlwriter.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
2013-03-14 12:09:48.340 [STDERR] PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library './xsl.so' - ./xsl.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0

php.in says the
extension_dir = ./

Please help. Thank you

Last edited:

webizen

comment that out and use php default and see if it works for you. use phpinfo page to verify.

the default extension_dir should be prefix + /lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20090626 for php 5.3.*. you can hardcode extension_dir = with that in php.ini.

Last edited:
Thanks

Sorry for the late reply.

Ya.. I tried with the default option, and it worked. These are the php flags I had used with my previous version of PHP 5.3.4.

I don't know what else is going to break if I don't use those flags :(

webizen

Most of the compile options in 5.3.* should work for 5.4.*. Outdated options will be ignored.

Btw, for 5.4.* default extension_dir should be prefix + /lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20100525

I trimmed my extensions and added only the following

'--with-mysqli' '--enable-mbstring' '--build=i686-redhat-linux-gnu' '--host=i686-redhat-linux-gnu' '--target=i386-redhat-linux-gnu' '--with-libdir=lib' '--disable-debug' '--with-pic' '--disable-rpath' '--without-pear' '--with-bz2' '--with-curl' '--enable-gd-native-ttf' '--without-gdbm' '--with-gettext' '--with-gmp' '--with-iconv' '--with-openssl' '--with-png' '--with-zlib' '--with-layout=GNU' '--enable-exif' '--enable-ftp' '--enable-magic-quotes' '--enable-sockets' '--enable-sysvsem' '--enable-sysvshm' '--enable-sysvmsg' '--enable-track-vars' '--enable-trans-sid' '--enable-yp' '--enable-wddx' '--with-kerberos' '--enable-ucd-snmp-hack' '--enable-memory-limit' '--enable-shmop' '--enable-calendar' '--enable-dbx' '--enable-dio' '--without-sqlite' '--with-xml' '--with-system-tzdata' '--with-mysql' '--with-gd' '--without-odbc' '--disable-dom' '--disable-dba' '--without-unixODBC' '--disable-pdo' '--disable-xmlreader' '--disable-xmlwriter' '--enable-libxml' '--with-litespeed' '--with-freetype' '--with-ttf'

Site is working and all, except I get this error.
PHP Fatal error: Class 'DOMDocument' not found in ...

Yes, I did install
yum install php-xml
and later I compiled with above flags

what extension should I add to fix this?

webizen

install php-xml would not help because the dom.so come with php-xml rpm is not compatible with lsphp. just remove '--disable-dom' option (dom extension is enabled by default).

Hey Guys well i think that after setting up PHP and a web server on windows you will probably want to set up some extensions for included performance.You can pick which extensions you would like to fill when PHP begins by changing your php.ini.Thanks!!