Wish to run on local VMWare server?

George,

I am so hoping someday I'll be able to fly through an installation of Litespeed but I seem to be hitting each pothole going down the runway!
My strategy for learning something is repetition and I am using a VMWare virtual machine on my Windows Vista to practice installing exactly the same files as my Blue Box VPS server.
I've made it to the point where I can access my IP address in the VMWare machine by ' ifconfig eth0 ' and in this case its 192.168.152.131.
So with the full Ruby on Rails stack loaded I move to the program folder /home/apps/itracker and run the ' ruby script/server -e, --environment=production '
then I open up my browser and type ' http://192.168.152.131:3000/ ' and the program starts running.

It is my ambition to run my program using Litespeed as the server in this same 'testing' environment.

So I've installed Litespeed and start answering your questions in the installation script;
What should I set the HTTP port as? ( default = 8088 )
When I set the Admin HTTP port to the default 7080 I was able to call up your control panel with ' http://192.168.152.131:7080 '
What is AWStats?

I log into your Web Console

Under Configuration -> Virtual Host Templates

Under EasyRailsWithSuExec -> View/Edit

Choose Add under Member Virtual Hosts

Now we get to the meat...
I run the ifconfig eth0 one more time and get 192.168.152.140

1. Should my virtual host name be ' 192.168.152.140 ' ?
2. What should my domain be?
3. Aliases?
4. Virtual Host Root - In a Ruby on Rails application the program looks to something like /home/rails/apps/appname/public.
Should I enter the /home/rails/apps/appname or bring it further down into the /public folder?

I've made tried many different assumptions in this install and my local browser is never able to see the server perform.

I am grateful for any direction in this matter.

Thank you,
David

Would you please read my question again

George,
Of course, I installed the ruby-lsapi.
Would you please answer my question as to what I am supposed to insert in the fields in question after my elaborate explanation.
If I am too much trouble could you refer me to someone else.
Thank you,
David

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
I am sure you will find answers to most of your questions if you read those tutorials.

1. Yes, you can use that.
2. same as vhost name, it should match the domain part of the URL
3. leave empty.
4. /home/rails/apps/appname