LiteSpeed Enables HTTP/2 to World Wide WebPowering the majority of all HTTP/2 websites
Facts about LiteSpeed Web Server:
- Used by hundreds of hosting providers on thousands of servers, LiteSpeed Web Server is the 4th most popular web server in terms of global web server market share, powering millions of websites all over the world.
- LiteSpeed Web Server delivers better performance than all other major web servers.
- LiteSpeed Web Server Enterprise is the only high performance, highly scalable Apache Drop-in replacement with hosting control panel compatibility.
- OpenLiteSpeed is a cutting-edge, opensource, high performance web server with Apache compatible features and an easy-to-use WebAdmin console.
Why should I use HTTP/2?
- Better header compression using HPACK
- Faster page load speeds
- Stronger data encryption requirement
- Multiplexing requests with priority
- Reduced network latency
- HTTP/2 support on client side is ready. Commonly used browsers already support HTTP/2.
- HTTP/2 makes SPDY obsolete. Google will be ending SPDY support in favor of HTTP/2 starting early 2016.
I am currently using Apache, can I implement HTTP/2?
While it does support HTTP/2, Apache's mod_http2 is currently in an experimental stage.
Fortunately, LiteSpeed Web Server has been designed to read and run off Apache’s httpd.conf and .htaccess files. This means a fast switch to LiteSpeed and stable HTTP/2 with no extra configuration necessary!