We are going for a trip around the world! At the end of March, we will be leaving our office…
LiteMage Cache for Magento
LiteMage Cache is a powerful full page cache built for Magento stores running on LiteSpeed Enterprise. Because LiteMage Cache is part of the web server, it does away with the communication problems and overhead that plagues other page caching solutions. The LiteMage Cache extension for Magento automatically integrates Magento installations with LiteSpeed's top-of-the-line ESI implementation, combining the greatest Magento performance enhancement possible with painless set up.
- Edge Side Includes (ESI) engine for hole punching.
- Configurable punched holes mapped to blocks defined in the Magento page layout.
- Main page and public blocks are cached once and served to all users. Private blocks are cached per-user and served only to that user.
- Retrieve multiple blocks per request, minimizing the overhead of building multi-block pages.
- Support for Last Viewed Product (this can be turned off for even faster speeds), Product Comparison, Stock Tracking and other features requiring communication with the Magento backend.
- Support for layered navigation, category filtering, product toolbar options (view as, sort by and show per page) functionality.
- Support for multi-store, multi-currency, and multi-user groups.
- Support for extensions using AJAX based cart.
- Built-in crawler far cache warmup.
How Does LiteMage Cache Compare to Other Page Caching Solutions?
Varnish-based solutions (Turpentine, etc.)
- Complicated to set up.
- Requests dynamic blocks individually, multiplying the high cost of Magento framework initialization. Can make a cached page even slower than an uncached page.
- No SSL support. Frontend proxy server required to support HTTPS, adding even more layers.
- Uses AJAX, which lowers overall server performance.
PHP-based solutions (Full Page Cache)
- Content is cached by PHP, so all pages are still generated dynamically by PHP. PHP is a heavy language and overall scalability is thus limited by PHP scalability.
- Reliance on PHP causes generally slower page load times.
- Limits in PHP scalability make PHP solutions vulnerable to DDoS attacks.
- All content can be assembled from cache, even per-user, private blocks, for best performance.
- Multiple blocks are called for in a single request, lowering overhead.
- Native SSL support.
- Supremely scalable — handles 10,000's of connections without missing a beat.
- Built-in extra anti-DDoS features protect you from attacks.
- Suitable for Shared Hosting and clustered environments.
You can try LiteMage Free in our 15-day LSWS trial license.
Check out the LiteMage Cache Wiki for all you need to know about installing, configuring, customizing, and troubleshooting LiteMage Cache for Magento.
Magento Case Studies
What's New With LiteMage
It’s no secret that the slower a page loads, the more likely a customer is to leave your site. With…