Tomcat 6/Spring/Struts with AJP

I managed to configure Tomcat with Litespeed few times without any problem and this is my first time to configure Tomcat with Litespeed for a webapp that using spring and struts framework. I'm able to view JSP files but not action name e.g http://localhost/home.meta, it's shows eror 404

Litespeed: 3.3.19
Tomcat: 6.0.18 with AJP 1.3
Java: 1.6.0

Suffixes: jsp, meta
Handler Type: Servlet Engine
Handler Name: [Server Level]: Catalina

Part of my web.xml as below:
<filter>
<filter-name>struts2</filter-name>
<filter-class>org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.FilterDispatcher</filter-class>
</filter>

<filter-mapping>
<url-pattern>*.meta</url-pattern>
</filter-mapping>

<filter-mapping>
<url-pattern>*.jsp</url-pattern>
</filter-mapping>

localhost:8009 is working and no error found in log files, any idea guys?

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
You need to add a servlet context for url "/home.meta", regular expression can be used, so LSWS can have an idea which request should be forwarded to servlet engine.

T

triedia09

thx for reply naveen,

but I have a doubt with it, is there some thing like Service Provider relating TOMCAT or any other web container...

Struts issues

Hello,

I am having the same issue as this guy is having for one of my customer. I did follow the details you posted about adding the context for it, so I have it configured as servlet mapping with /*.do to match the web.xml in his directory as follows:

servlet-mapping
servlet-name action /servlet-name
url-pattern *.do /url-pattern
/servlet-mapping

So I have it configured in his virtual host this setting as follows:

1st Context:
WebApp Context Definition
URI /
Location /home/taberuka/public_html/rss/
Servlet Engine [VHost Level]: TomcatAJP

2nd Context:
Servlet Context Definition
URI /*.do

But it is still giving errors still at taberukana.com under the two links at the top, for the search. It is shiny blue buttons, which if you click, it returns the search.

When it is accessed at taberukana.com:8080, it works perfectly for it.

Hello,

I am having the same issue as this guy is having for one of my customer. I did follow the details you posted about adding the context for it, so I have it configured as servlet mapping with /*.do to match the web.xml in his directory as follows:

servlet-mapping
servlet-name action /servlet-name
url-pattern *.do /url-pattern
/servlet-mapping

So I have it configured in his virtual host this setting as follows:

1st Context:
WebApp Context Definition
URI /
Location /home/taberuka/public_html/rss/

2nd Context:
Servlet Context Definition
URI /*.do

But it is still giving errors still at taberukana.com under the two links at the top, for the search. It is shiny blue buttons, which if you click, it returns the search.

When it is accessed at taberukana.com:8080, it works perfectly for it.
The problem is that there are no working examples available. I also have same problem but there is no working example available on the site.

Didn't work for this

404 Not Found
The resource requested could not be found on this server! Powered By LiteSpeed Web Server
LiteSpeed Technologies is not responsible for administration and contents of this web site!

That what I get when I changed it to that expression. Note that there is no real files or pages with .do but generated from Tomcat itself for this.

Yup, doesn't work, since java applications often use mapping.

There must be a way where litespeed server can handle the control to tomcat for *.do files even when *.do files actually exists on server on not.

This might be a bug in Litespeed Server, hopefully mistwang may come up with a solution

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
I think you did not configure it properly for the regular expression. can you post a screen shot of that page?

Another solution is to use proxy context, instead of servlet context. But, you still need to get the regular expression right.

Are you using exactly

for the URI configuration? I cannot tell from the image.
@Mistwang, just want to ask one thing.

Suppose i do the URI configuration correct as you advised. Then will litespeed server pass control to tomcat whenever anybody requests for *.do files even when *.do file does not exist on server.

I ask this because i tested the server after above configuration and it passes the control to tomcat if the requested *.do file really exists on the server but it does not pass control to tomcat if *.do file does not exist on server.

I think litespeed only passes control to tomcat if the file exists. I need a setting where litespeed can pass control to tomcat even when the file does not exist.

I hope you understand what i mean.

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
It should does what you want. Make sure browser does not cache the result.
Make sure that you do NOT add a script handler for ".do", it requires the existence of the script file.

Expression - Struts

Hello,

Here is the links to the files, so you can see it in full size. I can assure you that it does not work, since it acts on the basis that the file exist when it does not, since it is generated map url by Tomcat, and Litespeed acts like it is 404 due to non-existant file.

Here is the two links:

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
It works properly, I can do that in our lab without any problem.
It must be something else, maybe rewrite rule or other configuration causes this.

Maybe you should remove that vhost and configure it again from scratch.
You can try proxy instead of AJP as well.