Xcache for PHP4 and PHP5 - Question

fastproxy

Hi,

I got Xcache 1.2.2 installed and config with LiteSpeed via PHP Compile in admin panel for PHP4 and PHP5.

Both show Xcached installed in phpinfo.

Does that mean Xcache use the same folder for caching PHP4 and PHP5?

Do i need to make different cache folder for Xcache?
Thanks

vivek

Hi,

I got Xcache 1.2.2 installed and config with LiteSpeed via PHP Compile in admin panel for PHP4 and PHP5.

Both show Xcached installed in phpinfo.

Does that mean Xcache use the same folder for caching PHP4 and PHP5?

Do i need to make different cache folder for Xcache?
Thanks
Hello

Xcache do not store any files on hard disk.

Xcache uses a dummy file that is created and unlink'ed on your RAM , that's how mmap works!

But EAccelerator is storing the cache files on your hard disk and thus wastage of hard disk space.

Thats why we are using Xcache!
Vivek

Last edited:
Same questions for me except:

So does it matter if i use both Php4 and Php5 on my server with the same Xcache admin config?

For example. I have admin panel of Xcache installed at domain/xcache/ so that i can check the usage of cache.

But how do i know which/where is PHp4 and PHP5 in that?

vivek

Same questions for me except:

So does it matter if i use both Php4 and Php5 on my server with the same Xcache admin config?

For example. I have admin panel of Xcache installed at domain/xcache/ so that i can check the usage of cache.

But how do i know which/where is PHp4 and PHP5 in that?
As far as I know, if you are using php4 then xcache will show status of your php4's cache. and same with php5.

There may be 2 php.ini's for these. And you have to enable xcache in both.

domain.com/xcache will work for both.

Vivek

Last edited:

vivek

For knowing which is the php version you are using, just create a php file with phpinfo() and upload it somewhere , watch it through browser.

Vivek