[RESOLVED] signal=9 errors on mutiple litespeed servers

nolnet

I too am getting multiple signal=9 errors on 3 of my litespeed servers. They are gnerated randomly with no connection to new accounts or server changes, In fact, I even get them on an a new 8 core nehalem server with 3 small little webites.

At [15/Feb/2010:05:16:16 -0600], web server with pid=834 received unexpected signal=9, no core file is created. A new instance of web server will be started automatically!

Any help is appreciated.

Todd

Last edited by a moderator:

Tony

I'm going to guess and say you're running cPanel 11.25? I'm pretty sure it's the cause but I don't know where or why they're trying to do restarts.

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
We have changed the "lswsctrl" script a little bit to deal with issue related to cPanel 11.25, it may contribute some of signal=9 error, we updated it again with more conservative method.

Please either manually download and upgrade 4.0.12 again, or just replace the /pth/to/lsws/bin/lswsctrl script with the one in latest 4.0.12 release.

ffeingol

@nolnet,

And if you are running cPanel 11.25, what version of LSWS do you have running and do you still have Apache running?

But i am having it in LSWS 4.0.17 and it is awful my cPanel version is cPanel 11.26.20!!!!
i am getting both signal 9 and signal 15 errors!