2 errors on the Server Log Viewer page

kc8yds

here are 2 errors i've been getting on the "Server Log Viewer"

does anyone have any idea what these may be caused by?

2008-09-02 09:01:18.689 ERROR [ipremoved:53829-0#APVH_domainremoved:lsapi] Failed to obtain VMemBuf, current pool size: 24684,capacity: 24690.

2008-09-02 13:38:35.307 ERROR HttpListener::acceptConnection(): [ipremoved:80] can't accept:Too many open files!

kc8yds

awesome, that did it

i found a tutorial similar to your link given from google but they did not have both comands like yours did---so theirs didnt work for me, but this worked great

thanks!

kc8yds

ulimit -xx keeps reseting to 1024

i set it at a very high number, it stays there for 20-25 minutes --- everything works great, then the server gets all non-responsive or slow for a few and i check and its been reset to 1024

open files (-n) 1024

any idea what keeps resetting it?

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
I am not sure.

Also, if you are using APC cache, make sure to upgrade to the latest release. one version has file descriptor leak bug.

kc8yds

interesting you should mention that.

im not using apc but i just installed xcache (via the php compiler page) a couple of days ago

have you heard anything similar in regards to xcache?

kc8yds

ok i typed that and got literally enough rows printed to fill a couple books...

im not sure specifically what im looking for as all the rows printed are different and theres pages of it..

if you want i can send you a login to the server if you'd like to see the output yourself