Hello, I noticed this issue using a rewrite rule like this: RewriteRule ^/old-dir/$ /new-dir/ [R=301,L] When I request http://www.mydomain.com/old-dir/ I correctly get a http response with the location header correctly set, i.e.: Location: http://www.mydomain.com/new-dir/ So far, so good. Still, if the user hasn't automatic redirection active on her browser she will get the hardcoded 301 page, which has a broken link. The link on the page will be: <A HREF="http://www.mydomain.com/old-dir/%s">here</A> The link has two problems: 1) It points to the old URI, which has been moved. 2) There is a "%s" appended at the end which shouldn't be there. Maybe also the pages for the other redirection codes are broken. I didn't check. This may have slipped through easily since it's extremely rare that a visitor hasn't automatic redirection enabled. Still I think that this behaviour should be fixed. Thank you!