About Ruby LSAPI

palb

How do I see what LSAPI I have installed?

In the setup I have now I have a tab under the server called Ruby Rails. Is that the Ruby LSAPI or just a "default" setup without the Ruby LSAPI? However, under External App I've installed the PHP LSAPI. I would be glad if someone could explain what is what?

--

On a second thought I realize that I got Ruby LSAPI via gems, so that's the way to get info and install updates. :)

Last edited:

palb

I've updated to Ruby LSAPI 2.7. But now the rails apps doesn't work. I've restarted the server but the pages will not load.

palb

This was good :(

Nothing with Rails work. Tried to install LSAPI 2.6 instead but no luck. Please help.
I installed 2.7 manually and now it works, on my machined locally.

When setting up LS on a production server it fails, again. Ruby-LSAPI is installed both manually and via gem. Rails is running with the first welcome page, but when clicking on the link "Applications Environment" there's an error saying "The page you were looking for doesn't exist.". Do you know what could be wrong based on that?

palb

When installing Ruby-LSAPI manually, do you have to set something in the server, besides the Ruby Rails setting that's there by default? The docs are a bit unclear on that.

palb

Now when clicking on "About your application's environment" I get this in the little environment div that falls down:

---

Application Error

Change this error message for exceptions thrown outside of an action (like in Dispatcher setups or broken Ruby code) in public/500.html

---

Any ideas of what is wrong in the setup?

palb

Now when clicking on "About your application's environment" I get this in the little environment div that falls down:

---

Application Error

Change this error message for exceptions thrown outside of an action (like in Dispatcher setups or broken Ruby code) in public/500.html

---

Any ideas of what is wrong in the setup?
Could it be something with permissions? What should the permissions be set to? Can the settings be the same for all files in the rails folder?

palb

You need to check various log files to find out why. has it been working before?
It works ok on my local machine. On the server the first page comes up but it shows an error when you click on the environment link. If I go past that and into a controller-path it works ok. It feels like an issue of permissions. Are there any general rules when it comes permissions with LS and Rails? (I use ftp to upload files)