authentication failed with user in logs

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by anewday, Apr 1, 2008.

1. anewday

anewday Moderator

Code:
    2008-04-01 13:59:05.423	INFO	[24.x.x.x:32853-0#APVH_www.mydomain.com] Authentication failed with user: 'admin'.
    I see many of these lines on error_log, that IP address is mine. I never had any login failures with the admin username. Why does it show that? :confused:
  2. mistwang

mistwang LiteSpeed Staff

I have no clue, any part of your site require login as "admin"? Maybe it due to password change and the browser still send the old password it remembers?
  3. anewday

anewday Moderator

Only the Web Console requires username, admin. I never changed the password since I installed lsws.
  4. mistwang

mistwang LiteSpeed Staff

Web console use cookie for login, not HTTP authentication, and it won't log that to error log either.
  5. anewday

anewday Moderator

Sorry, I just realized that there is one url that is protected by htaccess with the username, admin. But then, I was able to login with the saved password in FireFox, password remained the same since that account was created. The error_log file shows at least 20 lines as pasted on the first message of this thread.
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2008
  6. mistwang

mistwang LiteSpeed Staff

Maybe your browser does send the password by default, only when get a 401 error it will send it. Don't worry about it.