Cant get FP extension to work

nick

Hello,
I have the cpanel server with lsws 3.3.1
I did as sugested at the wiki article
# sed -rie 's/(safe_)?chmod\(( )?0600,( )?("\$\{myuid\}",)?( )?"\$(\{)?homedir(\})?\/public_html\$\{subweb\}\/_vti_pvt\/service.pwd"( )?\);/\1chmod(\20644,\3\4\5"$\6homedir\7\/public_html${subweb}\/_vti_pvt\/service.pwd"\8);/' /scripts/fp-auth /usr/local/frontpage/version5.0/apache-fp/fp-auth /usr/local/cpanel/bin/convertfppassthrough /scripts/fixfrontpageperm
#/scripts/fixfrontpageperm
or
cd /home/username/public_html/_vti_pvt
chgrp nobody service.pwd
chmod 0640 service.pwd
but FP still doesnt connect.
LOGS:
2007-12-06 00:05:34.383 [INFO] [195.39.252.1:2016-0#APVH_domain.com] Authentication failed with user: 'username'.

How to fix it ?
P.S. FP works fine with apache

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
Please make sure the permission of _vti_pvt has been setup properly as well.
try "sudo -u nobody more <path_to_service.pwd>", if you got access denied, you still need to work on the file, directory permissions.

nick

Please make sure the permission of _vti_pvt has been setup properly as well.
try "sudo -u nobody more <path_to_service.pwd>", if you got access denied, you still need to work on the file, directory permissions.
Permissions are ok
sudo -u nobody more /home/qsi/www/_vti_pvt/service.pwd
# -FrontPage-
qsi:$1$vkQ5UFFZ$QP.4xDttmDnnsm72IRal8.

but I still get the error
2007-12-06 23:28:40.274 [INFO] [195.55.255.1:3231-0#APVH_domainhere.com] Authentication failed with user: 'qsi'.

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
Please PM me the real password for qsi. Maybe the password hash has been created differently, I will test it against LSWS's basic authentication.

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
The problem is that Apache mod_frontpage has been compiled into httpd binary, is not loaded as a module, LSWS failed to find the signature for frontpage, so it is not enabled.

Our latest 3.3.2 build has addressed this issue.

nick

The problem is that Apache mod_frontpage has been compiled into httpd binary, is not loaded as a module, LSWS failed to find the signature for frontpage, so it is not enabled.

Our latest 3.3.2 build has addressed this issue.
thanks for the build 3.3.2
it works fine for me
but 3.3.3 doesnt work with FrontPage so I have to reverse back to 3.3.2

Tony

You can manually change everything and it'll work for an account. It's the /scripts/fixfrontpageperm that I've never been able to fix to work with lsws.

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
cPanel's mod_auth_passthrough are supported in our 4.0.5 release, so FP will work properly out of box, no more fixing file/directory permission/ownership required.