Cant get FP extension to work

Discussion in 'Install/Configuration' started by nick, Dec 6, 2007.

1. nick

nick New Member

Hello,
    I have the cpanel server with lsws 3.3.1
    I did as sugested at the wiki article
    # sed -rie 's/(safe_)?chmod\(( )?0600,( )?("\$\{myuid\}",)?( )?"\$(\{)?homedir(\})?\/public_html\$\{subweb\}\/_vti_pvt\/service.pwd"( )?\);/\1chmod(\20644,\3\4\5"$\6homedir\7\/public_html${subweb}\/_vti_pvt\/service.pwd"\8);/' /scripts/fp-auth /usr/local/frontpage/version5.0/apache-fp/fp-auth /usr/local/cpanel/bin/convertfppassthrough /scripts/fixfrontpageperm
    #/scripts/fixfrontpageperm
    or
    cd /home/username/public_html/_vti_pvt
    chgrp nobody service.pwd
    chmod 0640 service.pwd
    but FP still doesnt connect.
    LOGS:
    2007-12-06 00:05:34.383 [INFO] [195.39.252.1:2016-0#APVH_domain.com] Authentication failed with user: 'username'.

How to fix it ?
    P.S. FP works fine with apache
  2. mistwang

mistwang LiteSpeed Staff

Please make sure the permission of _vti_pvt has been setup properly as well.
    try "sudo -u nobody more <path_to_service.pwd>", if you got access denied, you still need to work on the file, directory permissions.
  3. nick

nick New Member

Permissions are ok
    sudo -u nobody more /home/qsi/www/_vti_pvt/service.pwd
    # -FrontPage-
    qsi:$1$vkQ5UFFZ$QP.4xDttmDnnsm72IRal8.

but I still get the error
    2007-12-06 23:28:40.274 [INFO] [195.55.255.1:3231-0#APVH_domainhere.com] Authentication failed with user: 'qsi'.
  4. mistwang

mistwang LiteSpeed Staff

Please PM me the real password for qsi. Maybe the password hash has been created differently, I will test it against LSWS's basic authentication.
  5. mistwang

mistwang LiteSpeed Staff

The problem is that Apache mod_frontpage has been compiled into httpd binary, is not loaded as a module, LSWS failed to find the signature for frontpage, so it is not enabled.

Our latest 3.3.2 build has addressed this issue.
  6. nick

nick New Member

thanks for the build 3.3.2
    it works fine for me
    but 3.3.3 doesnt work with FrontPage so I have to reverse back to 3.3.2
  7. mistwang

mistwang LiteSpeed Staff

That's strange.
    Can you please try the latest 3.3.4 build, see if it works? Just change the version number in the download link.
  8. beach

beach New Member

We have the same issue for our server with Version: 4.0.3. Any chint
  9. Tony

Tony Member

The code posted for frontpage on cPanel is no longer accurate as cPanel has renamed the scripts and also changed them.
  10. beach

beach New Member

Hello,

Thanks for the update. Let me know if there any fix for this or can you give some more details on this.
  11. Tony

Tony Member

You can manually change everything and it'll work for an account. It's the /scripts/fixfrontpageperm that I've never been able to fix to work with lsws.
  12. mistwang

mistwang LiteSpeed Staff

cPanel's mod_auth_passthrough are supported in our 4.0.5 release, so FP will work properly out of box, no more fixing file/directory permission/ownership required.