During DDoS, PHP pages don't work

Discussion in 'PHP' started by hadyabed, Mar 25, 2008.

1. hadyabed

hadyabed New Member

Hey guys,
    I'm having a problem, when my server gets DDoS attacked, no PHP applications work but say I try to load like website.com/blahblah or any other page that isn't there that produces a not found output, that's still running quick. How can I tune my PHP application for DDoS?
    Thanks,
    Hady Abed
  2. mistwang

mistwang LiteSpeed Staff

You need to restore the default configuration for lsphp.
    You can find the default configuration values in lsws-3.3.8/add-ons/directadmin/httpd_config.xml
  3. hadyabed

hadyabed New Member

Mistwang,
    Okay, I've restored those values but it seems my PHP is still having issues. I know you don't like providing free support, but if you're willing to take a quick look, please PM me and I'll give you my LiteSpeed Web Admin Login.
    Thanks,
    Hady Abed
  4. mistwang

mistwang LiteSpeed Staff

You have done something special for '/home", other pages are working fine.
  5. hadyabed

hadyabed New Member

No, I put up a page saying there was problems with the PHP core, the other pages don't work fine.
  6. mistwang

mistwang LiteSpeed Staff

7. hadyabed

hadyabed New Member

8. mistwang

mistwang LiteSpeed Staff

It looks like firewall or network problem, google "ip_conntrack" and make sure it hsa been set large enough.
  9. hadyabed

hadyabed New Member

It's set to 65536. So many issues lately. :(
    -Hady Abed
  10. anewday

anewday Moderator

Try to turn off firewall and test again.
  11. hadyabed

hadyabed New Member

I need the firewall though. I offer DDoS protected hosting..
    -Hady Abed
  12. hadyabed

hadyabed New Member

Okay.. It doesn't look like this is going to be resolved. Thanks...
    -Hady Abed
  13. anewday

anewday Moderator

Just to test if it's a firewall issue, you don't need to turn it off permanently....
  14. hadyabed

hadyabed New Member

Thanks for the advice but it seems to have fixed itself somehow. I don't know how, but oh well, at least it's fixed. :)
    -Hady Abed
  15. mistwang

mistwang LiteSpeed Staff

Your problem has nothing to do with PHP, if you check your page with "Firebig" (Firefox add-on), you will find that some static files take long time to load. I believe which should because of network or firewall issue.
    You need to find out where is your problem first, so disabling each of your DDoS configuration temporarily is a good way to figure it out.