full command-line to try out the fcgi-app?

ts77

Hi there,

since upgrading to 2.1.5 it seems like I've got problems to start one of my
php-fcgi-apps (php-4.4.0).

It just doesn't come up and the logs tell just nothing about it.

Downgrading to 2.1.3 doesn't seem to help so I need to start debugging :(.

Therefore I'd like to try it out manually in fcgi-mode to see what goes wrong there.
Starting it in cgi-mode doesn't show problems so I need to try it with fcgi.

Is there any chance to see the full command-line which lsws is trying to use to start the app?

thanks,

thomas

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
Hi Thomas,

You probably need to check the setuid and chroot configuration for the virtual host associated with the fcgi application.

LSWS use the commend line specified in the configuration to start it, but in setuid mode, it is a bit complicated, as the suEXEC wrapper lscgid involves.
I think strace can help you figure out why the fcgi cannot be started.

ts77

I didn't specify any chroot or setuid for a vhost.
all default in this regard, no chroots or something like that.

ts77

hmm, I switched to a different php4-install on my gentoo-box (their new ebuilds, yeah ;)) and it worked with them.
not sure what the problem was but it seems like it works *for now* :).

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
emm, are you using prebuilt PHP binary comes with gentoo? You'd better build the binary yourself with our little fcgi patch, otherwise request with PATH_INFO parameter will break.

ts77

no, I'm using the php-binary which is built with gentoo ;).
yes, I know about the PATH_INFO-patch but I got rid of all parts in my code using that.

I don't want to mess any longer with php-packages installed alongside of the OS.
Having them under package-control of the distro makes much easier upgrades possible.

Btw. why is it so hard to get the PATH_INFO working correctly? Isn't there a chance to get it fixed in the main php-distro?

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
Code:
Btw. why is it so hard to get the PATH_INFO working correctly? Isn't there a chance to get it fixed in the main php-distro?
Due to lost information in Apache's fcgi interface, FCGI PHP have to extrace information from the original request URL, there is no information lose in LSWS' fcgi interface, so a lot of operation can be saved on PHP side.
I don't know, you can try to let them get rid of the pre-4.3.0 behavior. They probably only care about Apache. :)