Help installing MediaWiki (PHP app)

Discussion in 'PHP' started by Dondi, Apr 6, 2007.

1. Dondi

Dondi New Member

Hello,

I am a Linux newbie trying to get MediaWiki up and running with LiteSpeed. So far I have completed the following:

1. Set-up a Ubuntu VPS at slicehost
    2. Installed PHP, MySQL and LiteSpeed -- verified using respective control/admin pages
    3. Used 'sudo apt-get install mediawiki mediawiki-math' to install mediawiki with defaults

The Ubuntu setup also installed Apache 2.2, but I intend to remove it once I get MediaWiki up and running on LiteSpeed.

Now, I am trying to set-up/configure MediaWiki to run on LiteSpeed. However, I am thoroughly confused about how to configure the vhost, script handler, etc. I have spent the last 3 hours searching the forums and wiki but have not found anything that outlines the steps to take. I am not expecting someone to do this all for me, but I am stuck after 3 hours of leg work.

I would really appreciate a brief (or verbose) outline of the required steps to do this.

Thx,

Dondi.
  2. Dondi

Dondi New Member

I decided to install MediaWiki over Apache instead of trying to figure out how to set it up initially with LiteSpeed. It's up and running now so I will use Apache to get it setup and going. Hopefully, converting operation from Apache to LiteSpeed will be more straightforward than the initial setup process.
  3. mistwang

mistwang LiteSpeed Staff