Higher Max Request Body Size

Discussion in 'Install/Configuration' started by drakerc, Jan 6, 2012.

1. drakerc

drakerc New Member

Hello,

I run a website with uploading module and I use litespeed with it. I'd like to allow my users to upload files bigger than 2GB, but there's a problem - it'll always show me the "Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 2147483648 bytes exhausted" error. As far as I know, it's caused by the Max Request Body Size - I set it to 2047M. Is it possible to set it to higher value like 3GB? It says that there's a limit to 2047M and I can't do anything now.

sorry for my English.
  2. webizen

webizen New Member

Are you running 64bit OS? if so, increase memory_limit, post_max_size, upload_max_filesize, etc. in php.ini used by lsphp5. For 32bit, 2GB is the upper limit.

Upload big file (>2GB) seems rare. Just curious if you have many uploads like that.
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2012
  3. webizen

webizen New Member

4. drakerc

drakerc New Member

I run a Polish website on which users can share their gaming work like mods, indie games, etc. Someone recently uploaded a file bigger than 1,5GB, so I just wanted to see if it's possible to set my server to receive files bigger than 2GB - who knows, maybe someone will upload file like this soon? And I also have got a script that compresses files to .zip format, which uses a lot of memory, sometimes more than 2GB, and it sometimes crashes.

Thank you so much for 4.1.10 release. I run on Debian 64bit, so it should work for me. Litespeed is the best web server I have ever used. I already recommended it on polish Webhostingtalk and will continue recommending it, hope it'll bring some customers. I'm sure that when my site will grow, I'll try the Enterprise edition.