How can hide litespeed brand?

Discussion in 'General' started by masood_y, Oct 12, 2008.

1. masood_y

masood_y New Member

Hello,

Our customer see following information when they have 404 (not found) error:

404 Not Found
    The resource requested could not be found on this server!
    Powered By LiteSpeed Web Server
    Lite Speed Technologies is not responsible for administration and contents of this web site!

I dont like our customer know we used litespeed on our server.
    How can change this?
  2. mistwang

mistwang LiteSpeed Staff

Just add a custom 404 error page for that site.
  3. masood_y

masood_y New Member

I need to change this for all sites.
    Can you help me more?
  4. TomBG

TomBG New Member

Any updates regarding this? I'd like to turn off LiteSpeed link as well. I don't mind the output all THAT much, but don't really want a link pointng to another site and neither do our customers.
  5. closet geek

closet geek New Member

Depending on how you run LS custom error pages are one way. Mistwang also said the ability to turn this off will be available to Enterprise customers with v4. However I have not checked to see if this has actually happened in the latest RC.

See: http://www.litespeedtech.com/support/forum/showthread.php?t=2174
  6. mistwang

mistwang LiteSpeed Staff

That feature has been postpone to 4.1 release. 4.0 release is available now.
  7. TomBG

TomBG New Member

Why?

It's something that would take 30 seconds to do. I don't like that our traffic (and customer traffic) is being hijacked.
  8. joek168

joek168 New Member

Just setup your own version of 404.shtml and copy to all your sites. It would probably only take you 30 seconds to fix it, as well.
  9. TomBG

TomBG New Member

That's too messy. I figured out a much simpler solution. Thanks for the suggestion though.
  10. anewday

anewday Moderator

Mind sharing it with us?