Http upload / WordPress

ffeingol

We have a client with a very odd issue. They are using WordPress and the built in WordPress image uploader. Within the WordPress image uploader they get a message that says "HTTP error." but the file uploads fine and in looking at the log there are no errors.

The server is running the latest LSWS. Anyone ever see anything like this?

TIA

ffeingol

I'll have to find out the WP version. I'm assuming it's the flash uploader, as that is the default. Shouldn't it just work ;-)

ffeingol

Hello,

It's the latest WordPress (3.7.1). They are using the flash uploader. With the browser based upload they get a 503 error. It's not site specific, it happens to all the WordPress sites on the server.

NiteWave

Administrator
I tried to upload a 369kb png to a wordpress 3.7.1 installation, tried both uploader, no problem.

With the browser based upload they get a 503 error. It's not site specific, it happens to all the WordPress sites on the server.
just ask, will restarting lsws fix it temporarily ?

ffeingol

Hello,

We can certainly try that, but cPanel restarts things every night during the stats stuff (for log rotation).

ffeingol

And I see the latest version of LSWS and LSAPI are now available (the restart triggered the email). Any chance that will resolve the issue?

ffeingol

Hello,

OK, upgraded to the latest LSWS and rebuilt PHP to get the latest LSAPI. Still same errors. Browser upload gives a 503 error and flash gives a HTTP error. I just checked the Apache error log and I see:

POST request in process stage, fail with 503
oops! 503 service Unavailable

At the same time in stderr.log I see

libgomp: Thread creation failed: Resource temporary unavailable