Index file not found?

I can run my application via mongrel, but when I try to get it running through LiteSpeed via the EasyRailsWithSuExec template (instantiated so I can change the vhost directory to work with a Capistrano-ized setup), I get this error in the log when I try to access my app.

[24.22.57.11:53249-0#gallery4222] Index file is not available in [/home/alison/sites/gallery4222/releases/20060626060409/public/]

Any ideas?

xing

LiteSpeed Staff
This normal behavior. The easy rails config is using 404 internally. It will look for the requested file in the public folder and if not found, route request to ruby. This way, litespeed can intercept/offload any static content created in public folder.

The "file not found" for rails are [info] level log type. You can change your server level error logging from [info] to [notice] and you won't see those 404 messages.

But my application won't run. When I try and load it through the browser, it waits for a while and then returns a 503 Service Unavailable error. I'm not sure how to debug this, since things work fine if I run the app with mongrel, and LiteSpeed isn't telling me anything's wrong with my setup. My app logs are also not registering any requests coming in through LiteSpeed. My /public directory is owned by LiteSpeed's user.

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
Please check lsws/logs/error.log and lsws/logs/stderr.log, shoud be some clue there.
My guess is the process limit has been set too low.

Thanks for the reminder about the error logs. (It'd be nice to be able to access them from the web interface -- is there a way?)

Turns out that when I updated my RailsRunner.rb as was suggested in some other threads, a typo got into it. Fixed the typo, and my app is running great!

Thanks again.

Thanks for the reminder about the error logs. (It'd be nice to be able to access them from the web interface -- is there a way?)

Turns out that when I updated my RailsRunner.rb as was suggested in some other threads, a typo got into it. Fixed the typo, and my app is running great!

Thanks again.
alaithea, I used this method:

• click on Server configuraton button from "home"
  • Click on the "Server" tab handle on the left hand side (it is already selected actually)
  • the "General" tab should be already selected. scroll down about half way and you'll see the Server Log and Error Log sections. Click on "Edit" for the section you want to change and you're golden. :)

here is the link (set localhost to the actual host : port in the uri below:
Code:
http://127.0.0.1:7080/admin/config/confMgr.php?m=serv&p=general&t=SERV_ACLOG&a=e