instlling rails app on shared litespeed config

I'm trying to install Mephisto (http://www.mephistoblog.com) on a shared litespeed host account.

Support just told me the same thing that is posted in the litespeed wiki:
http://www.litespeedtech.com/support/wiki/doku.php?id=litespeed_wiki:rails_hosting

So yeah, the config leaves me a little baffled, because I'm not sure it's setup right, and if it is, then it might be that the server is not fully configured?

Rails 1.2.3 and Ruby 1.8.4 are installed.

Code:
RailsApp imagetic "/mephisto" "production" 4 1
RailsAppMap imagetic "imagetic.com" "/"
this lies in my .ls_rails_config file in /home/user/

/mephisto lies in home/user/

and the install up to running rake was normal, but when i go to imagetic.com I just get a directory listing.

Any ideas?

ffeingol

I was just playing with this to get it going too :) Install mephisto outside the web space (or any place really). Then symlink mephisto/public to whatever you want. If it's your main document root you should be done. If it's going to be a directory within your document root then you need edit mephisto/config/environment.rb and uncomment this line (and set it properly):

Code:
# Set this if you're running under a sub directory
ActionController::AbstractRequest.relative_url_root = '/####'
The .ls_rails_config looks right, but it's a bit hard to tell w/o knowing what your doc root is.

Frank

public should display inside my public_html from the ls_rails_config file, so I was told or heard

but I did try a symlink when trying to get it all running

ln -s mephisto/public public_html

which puts the linked public folder inside public_html, this is one dir level too far? I'm sorry, I am new to this environment and not a season rails pro as it is

so basically when i log in, ssh or sfpt/ftp whatever, i am in my root of home/user, because its a shared environment, there lies the .ls_rails_config and /mephisto folder of the application, as well as the public_html folder

on my vps you are one dir higher, the mephisto stuff lies outside the yoursite.com folder which everything points to launch within.

Last edited:

ffeingol

imagetic,

Looks right to be (I'm still new at RoR). A few questions:

- Do you have the enterprise version (not free)?

- Did you activate the shared hosting option under the server/ruby tab?

Frank