Isolating Cpanel User into their own vhost

felosi

I remember back a fw versions ago when like if you imported apache config wrong it would put everyone into their own virtual host which was pretty cool but the server didnt work right with it.

Would be nice if that would do that now. But anyway, what I got now is a user who has a site with a lot of images and such which causes their visitors to build up a lot of connections resulting in lots of users being blocked under normally perfect security settings.

Would it be possible to remove this user from apache config and make them into a litespeed virtual host where they are not effected by the global settings and have their own security settings on connections and such? Is that possible?

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
You can configure a vhost natively in LSWS with the same domain as cPanel's vhost configuration, the vhost configured natively has higher priority.
You need to create the listener and add the binding in LSWS as well.

anewday

George, I think it'd be nice to be able to exclude certain extensions from the throttling limits. Mod_limitipconn for Apache has this feature. Quite a few people have requested it in the past. Please. :)

MikeDVB

In my hosting of well over 2,000 sites I've never seen the throttling affect a user's site except when the limits were set exceptionally low.

Most sites make between 20 and 100 requests and we tend to set the limit to around 150~300 as we can always of course throttle this down if we come under attack.

I do agree that it would be nice to implement the throttling on a per-extension or per-mime-type basis but it's not something that I would see as urgent personally. Of course your opinions may vary :)