limiting users' and virtualhosts' bandwidth usage

Xorlev

I'd want this too, I mean, keeping a running total of all outbound and inbound traffic, and being able to limit it by month, day, week, etc., like 5000M for 1 month. If I could do this, I'd probably get Professional and move over my other high-traffic sites there, as LSWS deals with the load far better.

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
For this, we'd rather handle it in a way more like how Cpanel does, like the mod_log_bytes, the server will only log bandwidth used for each request, and have some standalone script to process the log file. Do you think it is an acceptable approach?

Xorlev

Yes, I would certainly prefer that. Would this be able to be integrated into CPanel as well? If so, I'd certainly consider scrapping Apache completely.

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
Actually, current lsws will generate the same traffic log as mod_log_bytes does when lsws is configured to uses cpanel managed httpd.conf Apache configuration file directly. So it is cpanel compatible, traffic logging wise.

Xorlev

I was unable to get vhosts from Apache working correctly really, it added them, but it didn't configure the listeners correctly, only one site (the only one on a dedicated IP) was listed correctly. It was generated by CPanel, so I generally don't touch the vhosts.

Xorlev

Just a followup here...do you have any plans to implement the bandwidth limiting independantly, so we can at least check how much bandwidth each vhost is using per day? For one of my vhosts I want the bandwidth limiting...but I've customized some LSWS specific settings that I don't want to lose in moving them to an Apache configuration. Or can the traffic logger be set to output as Apache would in Apache-specific configurations?