Litespeed doesn't start automatically

I've just did a fresh installation of Litespeed Standard on a new server. The installation went smoothly but I couldn't get Litespeed to start up automatically on bootup. It can be started via command line manually after logging in.

During the installation, I've already specified that I want it to start automatically. I've also confirmed that the litespeed startup script is present at /etc/init.d

I've did multiple times of reinstallation already but still doesn't solve the problem.

What should I do?

webizen

what's your server OS? make sure lsws is enabled in startup script. For CentOS, the correct on is like the following:
# chkconfig --list lsws
lsws 0:eek:ff 1:eek:ff 2:eek:n 3:eek:n 4:eek:ff 5:eek:n 6:eek:ff
if they are all off (0-6:eek:ff), just do this to enable it.
# chkconfig lsws on

Last edited:
I'm using Debian 6. I manage to get it running on boot with the insserv command (with warning messages).

# insserv lsws
insserv: warning: current start runlevel(s) (2 3 5) of script `lsws' overwrites defaults (2 3 4 5).
insserv: warning: current stop runlevel(s) (0 1 2 3 5 6) of script `lsws' overwrites defaults (0 1 6).

----

The startup scripts were already in all the respective runlevel folders (eg. /etc/rc2.d, /etc/rc3.d, etc) prior to running the insserv command. I believe Litespeed has created them as it should be during installation.

But what is it preventing it from running?

I have re-simulated the entire process by reinstalling Litespeed and installing back again with the same configs. It still turns out that the insserv command has to be run before Litespeed can start up automatically on boot.

Could this be a bug? or is there a problem with the configurations on my system that prevents Litespeed from running automatically by default installation?