litespeed doesn't use apache error log?

aww

I just realised that litespeed is not obeying/using the apache error log setting

ie. under cpanel setup it's at /usr/local/apache/logs/error_log

this means that in cpanel when a user tries to look at the most recent errors, it does not show anything

I am not entirely certain the cpanel error list is just the apache log as it also shows when there are PHP errors, but in any case it's not updating when litespeed is running

Last edited:

ffeingol

LSWS sets it's own directives for the access and error log. Just go to "Server" "Log" and you can change the location to the same location cPanel uses.

Frank

aww

Well another question is if it will peacefully co-exist with apache and not clobber the logs or permissions if lsws is stopped and httpd is started and visa/versa (this was a problem with regular logs up until 3.1 or something along there)

Might have to do some testing.

aww

Actually, I still think there's something fundamentally wrong with the compatibility factor - doesn't apache under cpanel write error logs within the separate username accounts? Litespeed uses a central error log for it's own errors but not separate logs per user. At least not that I can find.

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
I just realised that litespeed is not obeying/using the apache error log setting

ie. under cpanel setup it's at /usr/local/apache/logs/error_log

this means that in cpanel when a user tries to look at the most recent errors, it does not show anything

I am not entirely certain the cpanel error list is just the apache log as it also shows when there are PHP errors, but in any case it's not updating when litespeed is running
set LSWS server error log configuration to /usr/local/apache/logs/error_log, PHP errors and other errors will show up in cPanel error log for each user.

vivek

The new version of LSWS will set, LSWS server error log configuration to /usr/local/apache/logs/error_log by default

Also implemented a dedicate security audit log compatible with ConfigServer Firewall . A++

Vivek