litespeed doing "extra" compared to apache

anewday

I noticed an odd behavior on my invision powerboard forum when you click on the getnewpost icon beside the topic title. Normally, firefox would display the following on the status bar on the lower left: "Connecting..." "Waiting for reply" "transferring data from..." After switching to LiteSpeed today, it goes like this: "Connecting..." "Waiting for reply" "Connected to..." "Waiting for reply" "Transferring data from...". then it changes to the topic.

Seems like it's contacting a domain 2 times before going into the topic. However, if i just view the topic without going through getnewpost, it behaves like it normally should.

This didn't happen with litespeed back in March 2008. I also tested this on other invision forums and they behave differently than litespeed.

Edit: could this have something to do with the auto-redirect type? I'm using Location type *nix savvy.

Last edited:

anewday

Looks like it makes a call to the root domain, ie www.mywebforum.com after finding the url of the first unread post. This also happens if I click on the getlastpost link so it is most likely redirect type related.

George, maybe you can debug it further if I give you a login to my forum?

Last edited:

anewday

I disabled smart keep-alive and now it's working the way I want it to (just one call to the domain). Will page loading be slower now? What is the downside to that?