Looking to upgrade to LiteSpeed

Discussion in 'General' started by citycm, Apr 26, 2010.

1. citycm

citycm New Member

I currently have a VPS running Linux and cPanel/WHM. I have heard a lot of good things about Litespeed and would really like to upgrade my VPS to Litespeed, however I have a couple of questions.

My VPS host said I can't upgrade because cPanel/WHM doesn't work with Litespeed and needs Apache, however the Litespeed website says it will work. Can anyone clarify or do I need to speak to cPanel?

Is there any performance difference between the Standard and Enterprise editions of LiteSpeed?

Thanks in advance.
  2. tina

tina New Member

LiteSpeed works well on cPanel machines, including VPS. In fact it's extremely easy to install using the WHM plugin.

You can get a trial key from the LiteSpeed website to test the Enterprise edition for 15 days and see for yourself how it compares to the Standard edition.
  3. citycm

citycm New Member

Ok, I guess my question should've been;

Will I still see a significant performance boost by having Litespeed Std vs Apache or would I need the Enterprise Edition to see any real world increase?
  4. citycm

citycm New Member

another thought. If I install a trial of the enterprise edition, can I revert it to the standard version at the end of the trial?
  5. NiteWave

NiteWave Administrator

6. citycm

citycm New Member

Hi NiteWave,
    Thanks for that, however I've already looked over that. I'm just wondering what that means in the 'real world'.

7. NiteWave

NiteWave Administrator

>I'm just wondering what that means in the 'real world'.
    the standard version will work with the major limits stated in the page:
    only first 5 virtual hosts from Apache httpd.conf will be read;
    the max concurrent connections is 150.